• Rise from your gwave!

Newbie, Just bought a Saturn .. Info plz

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Raedon, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Raedon

Raedon New Member

I wouldn't mind the help, but from all I've read these boards are full of self satisfing morons. I figured the other crap out from other boards elsewhere, except the part about a mod chip. I don't really feel like swapping a cd so if anyone has some knowledge on this.

Hola,

I just bought a saturn at a garage sale for 15 bucks and one (very scratched up) game VF-remix.. Now I am new to the Saturn so some questions

1) do I need a mod chip?

2) if i do is it like the PS1 where you have to find out the model as they changed over time?

3) Is there a website that has walkthrews on doing this?

4) Do I just burn these ISO's or do they need special treatment?

Thanks for any info you can give me, The system seems to be quite underrated.

(Edited by Raedon at 9:46 pm on April 13, 2002)

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

no, you can buy original games too.

yes.

yes.

yes. you have to be really nice to them.

3. Raedon

Raedon New Member

anyone with some real info. Someone that can olaborate on Yes. No.

4. Ape

Ape New Member

You can do a swap trick but it's a pain in the ass and takes a lot of practice. I succeeded about 2 times out of 50 tries and then payed the $20 for a modchip from www.gocybershop.ca. It's only 2 #### wires, unless you can't solder/don't know any geeks I'd reccomend it. Just make sure your Saturn has a 21-pin ribbon cable. Easiest way to check is if your Saturn has perfectly round power/reset buttons, it's a 21-pin, and if they're ovalish it's most likely 20-pin and your out of luck, since those things are impossible to find. If you're looking for a guide on how to install it just search google for 'saturn modchip'. Hope this helped some.

5. Raedon

Raedon New Member

mod chip ordered.. I swapped out a VF-remix original with to cd-r's like 100 times and never got either one to work.. Thats just to much abuse for a console if I want to play it in the future.