Newbie, Just bought a Saturn .. Info plz

I wouldn't mind the help, but from all I've read these boards are full of self satisfing morons. I figured the other crap out from other boards elsewhere, except the part about a mod chip. I don't really feel like swapping a cd so if anyone has some knowledge on this.

Hola,

I just bought a saturn at a garage sale for 15 bucks and one (very scratched up) game VF-remix.. Now I am new to the Saturn so some questions

1) do I need a mod chip?

2) if i do is it like the PS1 where you have to find out the model as they changed over time?

3) Is there a website that has walkthrews on doing this?

4) Do I just burn these ISO's or do they need special treatment?

Thanks for any info you can give me, The system seems to be quite underrated.

(Edited by Raedon at 9:46 pm on April 13, 2002)

Quote: from Raedon on 7:16 pm on April 13, 2002

Hola,

I just bought a saturn at a garage sale for 15 bucks and one (very scratched up) game VF-remix.. Now I am new to the Saturn so some questions

1) do I need a mod chip?

no, you can buy original games too.

2) if i do is it like the PS1 where you have to find out the model as they changed over time?

yes.

3) Is there a website that has walkthrews on doing this?

yes.

4) Do I just burn these ISO's or do they need special treatment?

yes. you have to be really nice to them.

You can do a swap trick but it's a pain in the ass and takes a lot of practice. I succeeded about 2 times out of 50 tries and then payed the $20 for a modchip from www.gocybershop.ca. It's only 2 #### wires, unless you can't solder/don't know any geeks I'd reccomend it. Just make sure your Saturn has a 21-pin ribbon cable. Easiest way to check is if your Saturn has perfectly round power/reset buttons, it's a 21-pin, and if they're ovalish it's most likely 20-pin and your out of luck, since those things are impossible to find. If you're looking for a guide on how to install it just search google for 'saturn modchip'. Hope this helped some.

mod chip ordered.. I swapped out a VF-remix original with to cd-r's like 100 times and never got either one to work.. Thats just to much abuse for a console if I want to play it in the future.

Back