Next Star wars release date set . Maybe

Originally posted by googlefest1@Dec. 11 2002, 10:52 am

it would have been so much beter if lucas finished all 9 movies by 1997 like he originaly planed (would have used the better older special effects - and leia would have been young enough) -- man that freking bitch that scrwed up everything (if you guys read his bio or saw the A&E bio you know who im talking about)

I guess I didn't hear about this.

Could you expand on this at all?

Or give a link to a place that does?

thanks
smile.gif

Back in 88 or 89 (not sure could have been 87 but anyways it was late 80s) lucas did an interview with roger ebert ( it think it was him ) where he talked about the next starwars movies and the time line -- and the last three were the ones they were working on and were to be released first rebuilding of the republic--followed by the first three which delt with darth vader and the birth of luke and leia and the demise of the republic

acording to the A&E Bio lucas was married to a woman that ment the world to him (nothing mattered but her) well one day she just up and left him and thier childern out of the blue and that devastatd him -- he stoped work on everything and became a sort of recluse not wanting to do anything -- his freind speilberg did not like that and tried to get thim to go out and sign on to projects so a bunch of the movies that were done with the lucas a speilberg names lucas didnt do much but it was speilbergs attempts to get him to do more and more (those movies didnt do to well but i liked them) but he did not want to do anything star wars -- well he meets this other woman whoe he likes alot and then oneday leaves him beause she did not want to get maried or feel that way so he goes into another rutt -- he then adopts another girl into his single parent family and i forget how many kids he has but they were all girls and then they wanted a little brother so he adopeted a boy and now the reason he gives for doing the starwars movies are that it was his girls that convinced him he flet the were old enough to understand things so he wanted to leaven them with something a good story (somthgin like that) so he started to work on the first three movies and scraped all the other shit that was done for the last three (mabey its a psychological thing that that stuff reminds him too much of his past mabey i dont know)

i think you can buy the Bio from A&E not sure they will probably show it again before ep 3 comes out if you want to wait that long - it will have added stuff probably

now about the jar jar thing -- i wasnt refering to him well sort of but from the way lucas described the first three movies was that they were dark in nature especially the second and 3rd more so than empire --- this is want im pissed about i was hoping to see something at least equal to empire strikes back at least something a little more serious like empire -- not a gimik to sell toys ----- sure i grew up and now i dont like the ewoks any more -- mabey if i was a kid i would have liked the movies more -- i just wish he kept up with his descriptions from years ago

i would think people are more dissing him because morst fans have grown up and wanted to see more of an empire strikes back type movie NOT because everyone is doing it

man all the years waiting for the movies to start back up and then get servered episode one realy sucked especialy counting and the bunch of interviews lucas did talkiong about the movies in the 80s

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 11 2002, 12:22 pm

I LIKE Jar Jar Binks. Always have. And I'm tired of ppl dissing him solely because "everybody else does it."

I agree with ya , I was gonna say the exact same thing , but you beat me to it .

Was I slightley let down by the new movies yeah , but what a climanx making me wait 17 years or somthing , who wouldnt be for anything .

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 10 2002, 3:22 pm

I LIKE Jar Jar Binks. Always have. And I'm tired of ppl dissing him solely because "everybody else does it."

I know a few others mentioned it, but my gripe with the Star Wars series is that it lost its magic when it made that jump to the new age of cinematics.

Jar Jar is 'like an onion'. Or a Gamecube. Enough said.

But at the same time, stuff like LotR and Harry Potter are pretty cool, technology notwithstanding.

Part of it might be that I'm not a fan of any of this stuff. But the original Star Wars was something special. Maybe it's just the number of years that passed between. Who knows. I do know Darth Maul should have gotten (a lot) more face time. He could have easily been the coolest villian ever, right up there w/ Darth Vader but in order to do that he has to talk and not die in the movie that he premiers in.

I thought the delay in doing episodes 1 through 3 was due to legal wranglings over merchandising rights . ???

As I understand it, Darth Maul had to die in order for the evil Emperor to seek out his next apprentice - and finding him in Anakin Skywalker, who then becomes Darth Vader. No doubt we'll be seeing exactly this in Star Wars 3.

As for my avatar ...

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 12 2002, 3:56 pm

As I understand it, Darth Maul had to die in order for the evil Emperor to seek out his next apprentice - and finding him in Anakin Skywalker, who then becomes Darth Vader. No doubt we'll be seeing exactly this in Star Wars 3.

As for my avatar ...

Ahhhh..... makes a little more sense now

hey, speaking of the emperor.... is it true that he is actually that Palpatine guy?

Originally posted by racketboy+Dec. 12 2002, 5:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Dec. 12 2002, 5:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Taelon@Dec. 12 2002, 3:56 pm

As for my avatar ...

hey, speaking of the emperor.... is it true that he is actually that Palpatine guy?[/b][/quote]

yes he is. If you ever played the old pc space shooter game Tie Fighter where you played the role of a TIE fighter pilot in the game. The emperor was regularly refered to as "Emperor Palpatine".

Originally posted by gameboy900+Dec. 12 2002, 6:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Dec. 12 2002, 6:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by racketboy@Dec. 12 2002, 5:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Taelon
@Dec. 12 2002, 3:56 pm

As for my avatar ...

hey, speaking of the emperor.... is it true that he is actually that Palpatine guy?

yes he is. If you ever played the old pc space shooter game Tie Fighter where you played the role of a TIE fighter pilot in the game. The emperor was regularly refered to as "Emperor Palpatine".[/b][/quote]

wow cool --- my brother pointed out that theory to me.

In episode 1 you can tell his voice and parts of his face is similar.

why is the emperor in politics though?

As he had explained once, whenever he has his webcam on, his avatar is automatically updated.

Thus, shirtless Taelon, Oompa Loompa Taelon, and the now current one.

Sorry i didnt see or remember the post from 3 months ago .

all I saw was for my avatar and a link , it understood it was a webcam .

Originally posted by racketboy+Dec. 12 2002, 11:07 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Dec. 12 2002, 11:07 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gameboy900@Dec. 12 2002, 6:43 pm

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec. 12 2002, 5:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Taelon
@Dec. 12 2002, 3:56 pm

As for my avatar ...

yes he is. If you ever played the old pc space shooter game Tie Fighter where you played the role of a TIE fighter pilot in the game. The emperor was regularly refered to as "Emperor Palpatine".

wow cool --- my brother pointed out that theory to me.

In episode 1 you can tell his voice and parts of his face is similar.

why is the emperor in politics though?[/b][/quote]

He's in politics because it makes it possible for him to seize total control of everything. And since the Jedi will be eliminated by anakin there will be noone to stop him.

makes sense I guess.

And I assume in episode 3, Padme hooks the the Emperor and Anakin up since she it close to them both.

WHAT?? Padme Amidala and the Emperor ... acquaintances?? That's news to me... No... You must be talking about another Padme...

*smiles thinking about the commotion his avatar is causing*

Back