Nights Limited Edition

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
I've recently seen a saturn game called Nights into dreams -Limited Edition. It seems to have Nights, and the christmas edition on the same disc, it also seems to be missing it's opening cg. Does anyone know if this was actually ever released, or if it's a hackjob or what?

I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean that much.
wink.gif

If it were a hack, it would have been a lot of work. :huh

well between a few friends and mine, and myself we've come up with this:

it seems to be regular nights.... maybe..... though it's been years since any of us have seen the american release so we could be wrong. If you want some screen shots I took several and can send them on aim (I can also take more fairly easily).

well it's got the first level of the normal game, and then it has the christmas nights stuff as well.... dunno if christmas nights normally had the first level of the normal game.

Dunno if anyone would be interested in this fact either. The disc has two mode1 tracks on it, which is pretty unusual. Also, I was unable to even rip the game with either cdrwin or isobuster, kept getting bad clusters.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Jun 19, 2003 @ 05:58 PM

Dunno if anyone would be interested in this fact either. The disc has two mode1 tracks on it, which is pretty unusual. Also, I was unable to even rip the game with either cdrwin or isobuster, kept getting bad clusters.

both the regular nights and Christmas Nights have the 2 data tracks

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Jun 19, 2003 @ 07:26 PM

well it's got the first level of the normal game, and then it has the christmas nights stuff as well.... dunno if christmas nights normally had the first level of the normal game.

If Elliot's first level is also Spring Valley, but with a different course layout then it's a normal Christmas NiGHTS.

Christmas Nights also has the Regular 1st level(no snow or C-trees). Then it has an option to change all of it into Christmas Nights.

Nights and Christmas Nights both have 2 Data tracks.

The fact that is has no openinng FMV and has two mode 1 tracks (instead of a mode 1 and a mode 2) would suggest that it from a bad rip or bad burn.

What details does it spit out if you run it through Satconv?

was this a d/l or an original cdrom?

Christmas Nights also has the Regular 1st level(no snow or C-trees). Then it has an option to change all of it into Christmas Nights.

option to change it? mine has no such option. all the levels are christmas as is the title screen.

sonic into dreams is not a christmas level though

You guys got the wrong end of the stick.

When you boot Christmas Nights at any other time than Christmas, the title screen says 'Nights Limited Edition' instead. The Xmas-style levels revert to their normal state... witness the Saturn's internal clock at work. It's as simple as that.

You can revert to 'Christmas mode' via a present in the Presents screen.

bang you hit it shakey. :agree

i second this. spose i shouldve loaded it up and had a look? has been a while since i played it but yeah.

shakey is exactly right :cheers

Back