No English SDF release?

Argh, I remember hearing about Macross: Super Dimension Fortress by Bandai and Sega.

It seemed like a dream come true. A macross saga game that looks alot better that Robotech:Battlecry and made by Sega, the best of both worlds. But it seems there is no english release of it. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. Seriously really do correct me :(

I looked around and lik-sang only seems to have a JAP version, no idications of a EU or america release.

Anyone got any news on it.

Looks like I'm gonna have to start learning Japanese :(

being Macross fan I've been collecting Macross titles and so far I got the below.

PSX

Macross Plus

Macross Do you Remember Love

Macross VF-X

Macross VF-X2

Saturn

Macross: SDF

Dreamcast

Macross M3

still looking for elusive PC Engine and WonderSwan Macross titles. Once I got 'em all will start on PS2 list though as I haven't got PSTwo yet...

cheers

>>rgh, I remember hearing about Macross: Super Dimension Fortress by Bandai and Sega.<<

Not SEGA,but SEGA-AM2. Bandi tapped SEGA-AM2 do develope the game because of being bein experts in making amazing arcade games(which why I love SEGA-AM2 more than the other internal develpment teams;though the others get some attension from me). From what I've read,it was the team within SEGA-AM2 that worked on the AeroDancing games which mainly developed it.

Seeing I'am all but now getting into Macross,I'am looking to import the game. The fact SEGA-AM2 developed it is a huge bonus for me(especially since I'am a fan of anything and all things SEGA-AM2 developed).

One thing that could said though, the fact SEGA-AM2 was able to deliver a quality Macross game based on alot of positive reviews really show AM2 knew thier thing. Its sad however when it comes down other game developers,the Macross/Robotech brand have all been noting but watered-down garbage;even Robotech: Invasion continues it. SEGA-AM2 however proved to that burst of light in the sky for Robotech/Macross with SDF,and such a thing makes me say I would only approve of AM2 developing games based on the brand if I had the say.

Back