NOIZ2SA over Dreamcast

Chui has made a welcome return to the Dreamcast scene with a port of NOIZ2SA, which is an abstract shoot em up and now for the Dreamcast. Check out the NOIZ2SA page for screenshots and the downloads.

Thanks to Mekanaizer for the news and spotting it in Spanish forums. 🙂

Whoaaaa! Awesome! I love this game. Hopefully someone will port over rRootage and Tumiki Fighters as well. rRootage in particular is one of the best games ever.

One suggestion Link: When collecting a bunch of DCE newsposts, you don't need to post them individually over here too. You can just sum up the developments in one newspost.

GP32, huh? Wow, that's impressive. I'm surprised that thing has the power to run a game like Noiz2sa.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 7, 2004 @ 02:19 AM

GP32, huh? Wow, that's impressive. I'm surprised that thing has the power to run a game like Noiz2sa.

You can run the GP32 CPU at different speeds AFAIK, so if battery life isn't an issue you can crank it up. The CPU is a Samsung chip based on the ARM920T. It can run "safely" at like 20/30 to 133Mhz as I recall. You can also further push the memory up to 160 and CPU to like ~180 or so, though I don't have any info on how safe that is.

Heck, as far as emulators go, the GP32 actually has a slight edge over the DC in some respects. The ARM is a very well known, prime target. Compilers produce better code for it, and more people know how to write leet code for it. The DC's primary advantage is the PVR, if it is leaned upon, which isn't always (often can't be) the case.

Edit: For comparison, a GBA has what, an ARM7 core at 16Mhz?

Back