non smash-pack single game emus

I don't remember reading about this anywhere so I'll go ahead in mention it. In japan, besides the smash pack collections for pc, I noticed single game emus being sold. Titles included:

Bare Knuckle II

Shining in the Darkness

Arrow Flash

Ecco

and others I can't remember, all at about 1700/piece. I'm certain they are emulated b/c it says words to that effect on the box. System requirements are a pentium III 500mhz or above. Are these new or did you guys already know about them?

Not much else in the details department yet, there were maybe between 7 and 15 titles available, all coming in cd size jewel cases, and they are the japanese versions. I was thinking about picking up Bare Knuckle 2

It sounds like it's rental based. :huh

Running one of the pages through Babelfish churns out stuff about paying 1000 Yen for 30 days rights or something.

The Cyberdisk service has buttloads Genesis games for online rental, for 300 yens or something. They also have a few Saturn and SegaPC games.

yeah and you all know that you can play genesis games on media player for $7.99 a game right ?

Not media player real one or whatever its called

Originally posted by M3d10n@Apr 16, 2004 @ 04:17 PM

The Cyberdisk service has buttloads Genesis games for online rental, for 300 yens or something. They also have a few Saturn and SegaPC games.

It seems the Cyberdisk service is closed :(

Check here

Originally posted by mal@May 9, 2004 @ 02:20 AM

I wonder why? :huh

it can be because of :

- piracy

- limited to Japan

- too long to download in order to play a game

Back