Oasis - Heathen Chemistry Out Now!!!!

biggrin.gif

Good lord... I thought those inbred fools had finally disappeared up their own arses. Oh well.

Ignore that, each to their own
tongue.gif

Hmm.. Strange to see they still have fans after not writing a song for nearly ten years, but like you say, each to their own. Incidentally, Liam Gallagher tried to chat my girlfriend up once when they were just getting big.

Yuck

Oasis is shit, they're like U2, pompus asses. You can only milk the same songs so many fucking times by changing the name.

to say oasis and u2 are pompus basically throws your musical knowledge out the window, if you knew anything, they are both from poor backgrounds and have earned to get were they are. edge one of the most influencial guitarist of his generation, noel gallagher voted god knows how many times best songwriter of the 90's,

and skanks just remember who gave you the beatles
biggrin.gif
and repsect it. no musical act you like can top it
biggrin.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif

Kurt Cobain was a far better writer than Noel Gallagher.SkankinMonkey was right on the money with what he said...Oasis ripped off the Beatles and U2 just sucks...
biggrin.gif

All I said is Oasis is full of pompus assholes. Nothing about their musical abilty. Beetles were pompus assholes too, where do you think you get the quote 'we're more famous than jesus' from? And Oasis is about as influencial on my musical stylings as shit is on the shape of the toilet bowl.

cww80 the only thing oasis have in common with the beatles is there haircuts which are not really the same anymore, and millions have haircuts like that, so its a bit much to say they are a rip off, noel writes his own music totaly original all his own words, the beatles did more covering and taking riffs etc of 50's rock n roll music more so than oasis have taken anything from them and the fact that there music is totaly different and nothing a like, for one oasis use distortion which the beatles never use and noel would tell you his main influences are paul weller and the stones roses or 70's rock which they sound more like than the beatles.

as for kurt cobain he never gets voted the best songwriter cause he never lived out the 90's as for there popularity, yeah they were massive in america, but they were nothing special in europe, they never got the worldwide success oasis did.

skanks i think you are a bit pompus, takes one to know one
biggrin.gif

Nirvana, nothing special in Europe or Worldwide, yeah looks like you better go and do your homework...Im not saying Oasis is all bad they do have one fairly decent album,Whats the Story Morning Glory,but thats as far as i go with them.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by whitesnake@July 02 2002,19:22

as for kurt cobain he never gets voted the best songwriter cause he never lived out the 90's as for there popularity, yeah they were massive in america, but they were nothing special in europe, they never got the worldwide success oasis did.

Sadly Oasis did last through the decade.

You think that Oasis are more popular worldwide than Nirvana? You have got to be kidding.

well europe is bigger so yeah lol
tongue.gif
they are massive in japan and china too, japan even got a exclusive single too
angry.gif
tongue.gif

big shout out too the fellow europeans too
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

The Beatles did cover some early rock because they were showing their respect to the musicians that influenced them. They did write all their songs from their 3rd album on. By the way, they did use distortion, a lot. Listen to Sgt Pepper again, an album that most rock musicians list as one of the all time greatest.

Whitesnake, you are very correct to point out that the US music scene is not the biggest. There are a lot of artists that are huge in the rest of the world that we never hear of here. In fact, Americans seem to catch on late when it comes to this part of the music world. The only reason they ever want to hit it big in the states is because of the ammount of money to be made here. Not that they don't make a lot elsewhere.

Remember, Jimi Hendrix was a hit in europe long before he was in the states.

Do you really like The Proclaimers whitesnake, or is the sig a joke? I'm one of the few people I know who really like em - 500 miles and Letter from America are classics
biggrin.gif

i love the proclaimers, full of pride and passion in everything they do
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
and write great songs, king of the road and i'm on my way, are classics too

Back