off topic, but please answer

I just recieved DDR second mix for my dreamcast, it is great although i do not have a mat, Altough i DO have one of those adapters that allows psx controllers to be used on the dc. Do you suppose that if i went out and bought a psx DDR mat, it would work on my dc?

I really dont see why not, since saturn twinsticks work on dc vurtual on, or how psx steering wheels work on dc.

DDR is just the imple 4 face buttons, right? thanks alot

Hold on, cherok....!

You say that Saturn twin sticks work on the Dreamcast... Exactly which kind of Dreamcast adapter are you making this claim for? I need to know because I'm looking for a means to hook up Saturn twin sticks as well...and haven't been able to find conclusive info on that.

Thanks!...

not a prob, check out this linkhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/59215p1.html

I own an "Innovation" dreamcast adapter i bought at Electronics boutique although this one looks to be the same sort of deal

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog....174f5f5

If you can find the innovation one (i bought it in canada) do it, it works great 1 year after i bought it

Taelon, what do you think about my question though? whats your bet? PS where in hell did you find twin sticks?! i want one!

cherok: I don't know... but like the other guy, I too think that there is no reason why a DDR mat shouldn't work...

I never said I got twin sticks :) I actually wanted to worry about the converter first....so once I have it I have an incentive to get twin sticks seeing as that I'll be able to play both Virtual On (Saturn) and Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (Dreamcast)
smile.gif

I do see twin sticks on eBay every now and then, and while they aren't too pricey, it's always the shipping from Japan that kills it
sad.gif
I'm waiting for a set to pop up here in the USA...
smile.gif

Thanks for the link, gonna check it out now!

There *may* be a problem woth hooking up a mat in that way... My PSX to PC adaptor does not recognise up+down at the same time and left+right at the same time... I've reconfigured buttons to make it work, it's just damned annoying!
sad.gif

My adapter seems o work fne for psx controllers on my dc tho , analog even works.. i think i may try my luck next paycheque

Originally posted by cherok@Aug. 30 2002, 8:39 pm

My adapter seems o work fne for psx controllers on my dc tho , analog even works.. i think i may try my luck next paycheque

Yeah, go for it.... I think it's more of a problem because of Windows than anything else so I'm thinking a DC would be fine with it
wink.gif

hello,

I use a DC, ddr second mix, a psx > dc adapter,

and a psx dance mat:

it works perfectly!

I have been using it for a while. :
wink.gif
:

Back