off topic, but please answer

I just recieved DDR second mix for my dreamcast, it is great although i do not have a mat, Altough i DO have one of those adapters that allows psx controllers to be used on the dc. Do you suppose that if i went out and bought a psx DDR mat, it would work on my dc?

I really dont see why not, since saturn twinsticks work on dc vurtual on, or how psx steering wheels work on dc.

DDR is just the imple 4 face buttons, right? thanks alot

Taelon

Established Member
Hold on, cherok....!

You say that Saturn twin sticks work on the Dreamcast... Exactly which kind of Dreamcast adapter are you making this claim for? I need to know because I'm looking for a means to hook up Saturn twin sticks as well...and haven't been able to find conclusive info on that.

Thanks!...

not a prob, check out this linkhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/59215p1.html

I own an "Innovation" dreamcast adapter i bought at Electronics boutique although this one looks to be the same sort of deal

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog....174f5f5

If you can find the innovation one (i bought it in canada) do it, it works great 1 year after i bought it

Taelon, what do you think about my question though? whats your bet? PS where in hell did you find twin sticks?! i want one!

Taelon

Established Member
cherok: I don't know... but like the other guy, I too think that there is no reason why a DDR mat shouldn't work...

I never said I got twin sticks :) I actually wanted to worry about the converter first....so once I have it I have an incentive to get twin sticks seeing as that I'll be able to play both Virtual On (Saturn) and Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (Dreamcast)
smile.gif

I do see twin sticks on eBay every now and then, and while they aren't too pricey, it's always the shipping from Japan that kills it
sad.gif
I'm waiting for a set to pop up here in the USA...
smile.gif

Thanks for the link, gonna check it out now!

There *may* be a problem woth hooking up a mat in that way... My PSX to PC adaptor does not recognise up+down at the same time and left+right at the same time... I've reconfigured buttons to make it work, it's just damned annoying!
sad.gif

My adapter seems o work fne for psx controllers on my dc tho , analog even works.. i think i may try my luck next paycheque

Originally posted by cherok@Aug. 30 2002, 8:39 pm

My adapter seems o work fne for psx controllers on my dc tho , analog even works.. i think i may try my luck next paycheque

Yeah, go for it.... I think it's more of a problem because of Windows than anything else so I'm thinking a DC would be fine with it
wink.gif

hello,

I use a DC, ddr second mix, a psx > dc adapter,

and a psx dance mat:

it works perfectly!

I have been using it for a while. :
wink.gif
: