Official Nintendo DS Specs Released!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Nintendo has released today the specs and release date of it's next portable system, the DS.

nintendods147380.jpg

The system will release on November 21st (my birthday is the 22nd, yay!) and will retail for only $150 in the US! The Japanese release date is November 2nd with a price of $136. A European and Australian release date is scheduled for quarter 1 of 2005 with a price of 99 to 149 Euros.

Specs:

Size (when closed):

148.7 millimetres (5.85 inches) wide, 84.7 millimetres (3.33 inches) long, 28.9 millimetres (1.13 inches) tall

Top Screen:

A backlit, 3-inch, semitransparent reflective TFT colour LCD with 256 x 192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch, capable of displaying 260,000 colours

Touch Screen:

Same specs as top screen, but with a transparent analogue touch screen

Wireless Communication:

IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo’s proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS Game Card

Controls:

Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons

Input/Output:

Ports for both Nintendo DS Game Cards and Game Boy Advance Game Paks, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone

Other features:

Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration

CPUs:

One ARM9 and one ARM7

Sound:

Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software

Battery:

Lithium ion battery delivering six to 10 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter

Languages:

English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian

Colours Available:

Silver and black

Thanks go to Spong for the info!

P.S. Whatcha gonna get me for my birthday? ;)

Has anyone hear if there will be a port for the GBA/GC adaptor cable? Just curious if I can sell my GBA, orif I need to keep it.

I hear that PictoChat and Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt will be bundled in with the DS. Although a rumor as of late...

But if two games are included with the DS, who can resist?

IceMan2k said:
The system will release on November 21st (my birthday is the 22nd, yay!) and will retail for only $150 in the US! The Japanese release date is November 2nd with a price of $136. A European and Australian release date is scheduled for quarter 1 of 2005 with a price of 99 to 149 Euros.

Only 99 euros thats really cheap cause the GBA SP costs around 130 euros.

Back