Official Sega's Saturn emulator

Well, when www.psemu.com closed doors, they linked to www.virtualgamestation.com site. This didn't meant that VGS was formerly PSEmu Pro, quite the opposite. GiriGiri's demise could have been simple a statement, that since a company has picked and released a viable emulation platform, he simply didn't think it was necessary to keep going. Even so, given the current specs, I do belive girigiri's involvement might be real. But i'll have to download a trial game before I can make sutch assumptions.

If you browse B-Club, you'll notice the games link to several sources, including the Cyberdisk service. So the emulation engine is the same.

wouldn't porting a saturn game to the PC be easier than writing an emu?

I'm just curious

There are several reasons, the main being the fact that it wouldn't just be the same game anymore ^^;

My opinion is that it is the same as the Sega Ages pack. An emulator costs provably a bit, but it's a single program. If you have all the documentation and official data, it can be even easier.

Rebuilding games is very expensive, especially if you have 100+ games to provide
smile.gif

Before shuting down, MEGADEATH showed shots of GiriGiri running Nights and all PD games, aparently without any visual glitches, at 640x480 with bilinear filtering on. He also claimed to have sound emulation going very well.

Anyway, this opens up the doors for Saturn games in Sega's next Smash Packs for GC, PS2 or Xbox. Tough I don't fully believe the PS2 could do it...

Originally posted by M3d10n@Mar 24, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

Before shuting down, MEGADEATH showed shots of GiriGiri running Nights and all PD games, aparently without any visual glitches, at 640x480 with bilinear filtering on. He also claimed to have sound emulation going very well.

Anyway, this opens up the doors for Saturn games in Sega's next Smash Packs for GC, PS2 or Xbox. Tough I don't fully believe the PS2 could do it...

XBox would be the easiest port since it's highly similar to a standard PC.

If they started "porting" (games running well of an emu) Saturn games to the XBox, that would be a very good reason for me to get one
smile.gif

But I would still prefer for them to port the over with slight graphical enhancements like getting rid of some jaggies and such.

If I want the original experience, I'll just play the games on the Saturn

While it is very similar to a PC, an Xbox (these days) is far from cutting edge.

IIRC, the lowest specs listed for running a game at the Cyberdisc site was a 1GHz PIII to run Golden Axe: The Duel.

Going on the curious message left on the Giri Giri website, I believe that this emulator is at least based on Giri Giri. If Sega could come to an arrangement with Stef concerning Gens, why not one with Megadeath?

Back