OH HELL YEAH! YES YES YES! FINALLY!

Cloud121

Established Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...gory=14911&rd=1

It's good to have friends that are willing to do stuff for ya. Like buy that for me 😀 (I'm paying him back at the end of the month). Long time SXers, recognize the user name?

My friend (not Locke) said that he'd be willing to give me his HDD from his Windows machine. He has to format it in DOS first. However, would the Mac be able to read it if I swapped it?

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 4, 2003 @ 08:40 PM

My friend (not Locke) said that he'd be willing to give me his HDD from his Windows machine. He has to format it in DOS first. However, would the Mac be able to read it if I swapped it?

Not sure. Is this Mac from before or after they started using standard IDE interfaces?

And...

Apple Macintosh G3 350 MHz with 384MB RAM, 6GB hard drive, a DVD/CD/CDR drive and a 100MB zip drive.

Wow, that system is almost halfway to not sucking...

That's a great setup! Compare it to my current Mac:

Current: 133 MHZ, 96 MB RAM, CD-ROM, Ethernet, 2 - 4 MB VRAM

New: 350 MHZ, 384 MB RAM, Combo Drive, Ethernet, 16 MB VRAM

Keep in mind, I'm only getting this to hold me over until I can get a much more powerful one in about a year and a half. And yes, that REALLY is Locke. He never comes to SX anymore (although I keep telling him to come back) though.

The Blue & White model G3 was first introduced in January 1999.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 4, 2003 @ 09:39 PM

That's a great setup! Compare it to my current Mac:

Current: 133 MHZ, 96 MB RAM, CD-ROM, Ethernet, 2 - 4 MB VRAM

New: 350 MHZ, 384 MB RAM, Combo Drive, Ethernet, 16 MB VRAM

Keep in mind, I'm only getting this to hold me over until I can get a much more powerful one in about a year and a half. And yes, that REALLY is Locke. He never comes to SX anymore (although I keep telling him to come back) though.

The Blue & White model G3 was first introduced in January 1999.

i heard they have new things called pc's

TAG CHECK UR PM'S

Really? I've never heard of them before, yet alone used one. Interesting.... I wonder what OS they use... Amiga DE? I've always wanted to use Amiga. Maybe now this'll be my shot... Hm.. PC's... Interesting new concept.

boy ya can't say Macs don't hold their reslave value better.

I'd love to get that much for my 400Mhz PII

I got a Blue and White G3 for free. Granted it's a bity flaky and it's been stripped of most of it's other components (RAM, drives, it still has the video card though), but free is free.

I'm currently trying to get Panther running on it (got a license of that free too, someone I know got a 5 pack license and they only needed 4), but I'm having some trouble. Stupid flaky IDE bus. grr.

hey cool, that thing is almost half as powerful as my xbox :lol: At least this will push your computer you use to being more powerful than the good 'ol dc 😛

---Ammut

Depends what you mean by power, but yeah, that's a G3 you've got there. Yeah. Not exactly a monster. Also, dont install Panther if you have a firewire HDD, LOL. I wonder if they'll make you BUY a fix to that.

Cloud good luck getting that thing to tell time....

God it's probably a better mitten warmer than a computer

Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 5, 2003 @ 01:39 PM

And yes, that REALLY is Locke. He never comes to SX anymore (although I keep telling him to come back) though.

Kick his arse back here already! 😀

BTW Cloud, that mac is very 😎

Originally posted by mal+Nov 5, 2003 @ 12:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Nov 5, 2003 @ 12:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@Nov 5, 2003 @ 01:39 PM

And yes, that REALLY is Locke. He never comes to SX anymore (although I keep telling him to come back) though.

Kick his arse back here already! 😀

BTW Cloud, that mac is very 😎[/b][/quote]

macs are very

:rtfm

:wanker

Is that second one where you yourself are leaving feedback, but then decide not to. I think that is the message that comes up.

Cloud, I tried setting up an IDE HDD on my G3 and it wouldn't recognize it, good luck getting it working.

Oh yes, and that's almost the exact same model Mac I'm using, minus the DVD drive, good find.

Well.. . I read that in order to get it to recognize it. I'll need to Format it in DOS first. Then, put it in the Mac, boot from the Jaguar Install disc, and then format it with Jaguar. You think that'd work?

Back