Ok, now everybody can stop asking me

Originally posted by Alexvrb+Mar 19, 2004 @ 02:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexvrb @ Mar 19, 2004 @ 02:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Mar 19, 2004 @ 04:03 PM

no prob -- just don't want the generalness of the General forum to get out of hand.

Could you be less specific, please? [/b][/quote]

That made my day.

Originally posted by Caelestis@Mar 18, 2004 @ 09:07 AM

Getting the best player in baseball for an extra 2 mil? When you consider they traded away a player with an abismal postseason on a team where postseason play is all that matters, I don't think there was any real choice involved.

The thing about A-Rod is, 1) he was on a REALLY lousy team, so is he really the best player in baseball, or was he just that much better than everyone else (and how hard is it to do on that team?) and 2) Is A-Rod actually post-season proven?

I just stand by my previous statement that it wasn't that much of an upgrade. For the price, it was doable. I don't know, maybe I'm just a closet Soriano fan. In any event.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Mar 19, 2004 @ 05:27 PM

Or perhaps "Generalness too much, to chaos it leads! Oooph!"

Yoda: "Too much generalness leads to chaos! Mmh!"

Qui-Gon (startled): "Yoda, what happened to the way you speak?"

Yoda: "I'm a little green man, not a doctor!"

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Mar 19, 2004 @ 04:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Mar 19, 2004 @ 04:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Caelestis@Mar 18, 2004 @ 09:07 AM

Getting the best player in baseball for an extra 2 mil? When you consider they traded away a player with an abismal postseason on a team where postseason play is all that matters, I don't think there was any real choice involved.

The thing about A-Rod is, 1) he was on a REALLY lousy team, so is he really the best player in baseball, or was he just that much better than everyone else (and how hard is it to do on that team?) and 2) Is A-Rod actually post-season proven?

I just stand by my previous statement that it wasn't that much of an upgrade. For the price, it was doable. I don't know, maybe I'm just a closet Soriano fan. In any event. [/b][/quote]

A-Rod's stats are gonna get better in New York, that's the thing. In the Rangers lineup, he got pitched around a lot, and when he did get on base, he hardly ever got knocked in.

His RBI totals should go through the roof. His runs should go up. His HR total might go down a bit, and his walks almost definately will. Nobody's gonna walk him on purpose with Giambi and Sheffield batting right behind him.

All that really matters though is that his RBI's and runs are up, as those are better indicators of production than HR's or Walks.

As for the playoff proven thing, he really can't get much worse than Soriano did. I could have gone up there swinging a pencil and hit the ball just as well as him.

Originally posted by Caelestis@Mar 19, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

I could have gone up there swinging a pencil and hit the ball just as well as him.

I'll bring the camcorder. We'll make a few bucks submitting it to world's funniest home videos or something.

Back