Old School Anime

I dunno about you guys but when I was growing up (in the early 80's), I used to love watching Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman) and Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato).

I think Gatchaman is one of my favorite old school anime. I don't think there's much anime as cool as this one...

Kyosuke75

Astro Boy: Saturday morning 80's fun
smile.gif

Hey yeah! Forgot about that one. I've got it kicking around in shitty .rm somewhere...gotta watch it again.
smile.gif

AstroBoy, Kimba the White Lion, Starblazers and Battle of the Planets. Some other stuff too, but I don't remember them clearly...

I know that some of them (BotP in particular) aren't as good in English, but hey, what are you gonna do?

See, I don't know that I would have considered Transformers and ThunderCats as anime.

I just thought of them as cartoons. *shrug*

Originally posted by mal@Apr 20, 2003 @ 09:10 AM

See, I don't know that I would have considered Transformers and ThunderCats as anime.

I just thought of them as cartoons. *shrug*

Do you remember Transformers the movie? Would you consider that a "cartoon"?
unsure.gif

i've seen the movie and i'd consider it a cartoon.

though i've yet to see the japanese version, i hear there's a sceen where you see arce's tit's!

i too have trouble viewing the transformers as anime, thundercats/silver hawks too. i'd always thought those to be cartoons produced in japan but aimed more towards an american market than what's usually thought of as anime. voltron and robotech, yeah sure

OH god thundercats... I can't stand thundercats. I mean w hen I see that I just get the impression that every other dungeons and dragons fan is watching it also. It scares me.

I have a copy of "thundercats ho!" (note, thundercats is plural, not posessive) that i am willing to sell on ebay, pal VHS format. Anyone know how much it might go for?

Back