Old school sega

I remember when the original Sonic was out and we didn't have a Sega, my brothers pitched in and we bought one and Sonic Adventure. It was the best game I ever played; it was my favorite game. Then Sonic Adventure 2 was out and that was even better. To this day I love that game, it is one of my favorites. My brother used to be Sonic and I was Tails; it was a very good memory of growing up. Thank you Sega for giving me that memory. Bye.

--Andrew, 13 years old

Quoted from Sega Newsblast, Vol.1, #7

Yeah, I still get the urge to break things when people refer to Metal Gear Solid as "Metal Gear".
tongue.gif

now i get it he was talking about the dreamcast LOL i didn't know what he was talking about. damn i'm still young yet i sound like an old man when i talk about things like the atari and the commador 64(one of my most favorite machines still have it upstairs the sound is gone on it but what ever).

It's funny when you're a kid, video games can even become a form of currency.

--Archiver, who once traded a dime bag for MKII for Genesis.

C64 Metal Geal AHH memories! Almost as fun as Ultima! Hell I love it when people talk about the original Ghost busters, or Guantlet is for N64 or something!

Also Yea I REALLY liked SA and SA2 more a rpg somehow....

Sonic 2 was fun to those who knew the super sonic code and debug
wink.gif
MOST at that time didnt even KNOW about it!

Wow...if you replace Dreamcast with Genesis and SA with StH you have my childhood right there
wink.gif
. He's going to be one of us when he grows up...

Nah we need people who who were Mario 1 fans. THEN Couldnt WAIT to spend 50-60$ for Mario 3! (Or ask santa for it!)

That and old school C64, Tandy LS2, Um Amiga 500, so on....

Hell that workbench was STILL better then a Win32!

i came up with this insane code for the original sonic i forget what it did but i think it just combined all the codes into one code. I sent it to gamepro and they never acknowledged it.

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 01 2002,08:09

Nah we need people who who were Mario 1 fans. THEN Couldnt WAIT to spend 50-60$ for Mario 3! (Or ask santa for it!)

yeah, I can't beleive my dad had the much to spend on video games for us, considering the money i don't get from him now. lol. Ah, but I'm getting his mercades in a month, so I'm not gonna bitch.

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 01 2002,03:16

Sonic 2 was fun to those who knew the super sonic code and debug
wink.gif
MOST at that time didnt even KNOW about it!

I read about the super sonic code in GamePro or some other mag, but I found the debug one on my own. It was pretty sweet actually. I was really pissed off cuz I kept losing at one part and bashed the crap out of my controller (I was a tad violent at times). All the sudden the numbers in the corner were all messed up and I could do the debug thing. I knew what it looked like since I used the debug on Sonic 1 all the time. I too sent my code in (once I figured out what the hell I did) to GamePro. This was well after Sonic 2 was old news, but I had never seen the code before anywhere. Magically part of it (the level select part) appeared with a "Blast from the Past" icon on it in the SWATPro section with someone else's name. I was pissed. What were the odds that two people would send in the same code for a game that was old news? I knew they ripped me off. I'll have to find the mag it was in, I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere.

yea! i remember having ghostbusters for the c64, the only thing i couldnt figure is that there was no way you could buy some of the stuff in the shop because you never had enough money, and you never could get back into it once you made a profit.

anyway, i swapped my c64 and all its games for megadrive games. Dammit i should have kept it, same with my megadrive - would have sved me buying another one. At least i still have my original favourite gamepad...

i had some saved game for ghostbusters(or a code i forget) that gave me enough money to buy everything. I just could never beat the game the ghosts became way to fast for me towards the end and i couldn't stop the gate keeper and key master from getting to the center.

The object in Ghostbusters was to have more money than you started with when the gatekeeper and the keymaster met. If you had, you got a scene where you had to sneak two men past Mr. Staypuft into Zuul's temple (which I never managed to do).

There was one code which I always used (until I learned the rules of the game) that gave you more money than you could earn (after a certain amount, the money didn't increase anymore) which made it impossible to finish the game. Maybe it was the same code you used?

I remember to have had some ghostbusters game for my pc, it's the same than the one you are talking about?

By the way, I hate those "strategy gods" who doesn't even know what dune 2 is.

LOL OMG! You guys dont know about the username code for C64 GB???? Rem when you type in your name? There is a certain name to type in and then you have like unlimited cash! Cant rem off the top of my head but I got it written down SOMEWHERE. But yea its fun driving the best car there and all equiped =P You CAN beat the game few times too...that will do same thing.

I could never get past Mr. Staypuft either.

I played that damn game so many times... ???

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 04 2002,11:21

LOL OMG! You guys dont know about the username code for C64 GB???? Rem when you type in your name? There is a certain name to type in and then you have like unlimited cash!

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. The code that gave you too much money had only numbers in it, IIRC. Anyway, it gave you one million dollars, but you could earn only up to $999999 meaning the game always ended when the gatekeeper and keymaster met.

Back