Opinion: Best 3d Fighter

Jaded God

Established Member
I am trying to decide which the best 3d Fighter for saturn is...

Fighters like.. Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter series, etc.

You know, the 3D ones
cool.gif

I'm thinking most people would agree the best one for the Saturn would be Fighters Megamix followed by VF2

I still say Virtua Fighter 2 is the best 3D beat 'em up ever.

8 years on, and we can still fire up VF2 and be amazed by the graphics. Not from a 'wow that looks realistic' standpoint of course, but seeing the humble Saturn run a game in such a high resolution, with such detail and accuracy the arcade original, and best of all, seeing it all run in 60 fps, just brings a tear to the eye.

And on top of that, it's one of the deepest fighters ever made, with a vast amount of *real* moves, all of which can be performed so elequently and mastered to hell until you can perform them blindfolded, and yet there's still room for improvment... it just shows the world what the Saturn could really do.

MY experiences with VF2 have been crappy.. I don't know how everyone can say this about the VF series..

You hit a button and the delay is unbarable... It takes forever for them to kick or punch.

That's cause people like you and I are used to 2d fighters from capcom and snk and stuff, where everything is horribly unrealistic, including the speed.

(street fighter alpha 3
drool.gif
)

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Jul 18, 2003 @ 02:24 AM

I liked Fighting Vipers. Fav character was the Bear (hidden character). You could just do his spinning-bear-convulsions move and win the match.

laugh.gif

Yea I know what you mean
wink.gif
cool.gif

dead or alive is meant to be superior to the psx version isn't it?

based on that i'd say that dead or alive was my favourite but it wouldnt be fair since i havent played the saturn version i guess...

vf2
cool.gif

I seem to like Fighters Megamix though... I was playing it again last night with Dural and kicked the crap out of everyone. :devil

Beat the game in about 10 minutes
tongue.gif

Fighters Megamix was awesome. VF2 is a close 2nd for me though (Man graphics were AWESOME on that game back in the day, had awesome framerate too).

VF2 followed by Fighters Megamix. DOA is pretty good also.

VF2's graphics amaze me today and I have VF4:Evolution and DOA3. The ranking mode is excellent, I've played it so many times. The best I ever got was a 2nd grade with Sarah and Wolf.

*Got Fighter's Megamix the day it came out*. It didn't seem as good as it used to, the last time I played it, though... And as much as I tried to like VF2, I didn't really like the gameplay system. Attracted by the graphics, somewhat repelled by the slow pace of the gameplay. A sad case.

You WILL love Virtual On and Last Bronx. ¬¬

i only played fighting vipers and vf2 but i have to say both are great games and i still play FVipers, but from all that i heard about fighter's megamix that seems like the best. dead or alive looks good to, that new compilation of 1&2 for xbox with live play looks very interesting.

Megamix was great... the reason I rate VF2 as better is VF2 did it with style...

MegaMix was graphically inferior, and was much less complex than VF2... and as a result, it felt far less stylish, and too rough on the edges for my liking... playing VF2 made you proud to own a Saturn, which is a feeling I do not get from Megamix...

Still a good game tho.

Back