P.N. 03

it290

Established Member
Okay, I just picked this game up since I like games that have a really high-tech style to them. I was a bit skeptical because the game has gotten bad reviews all over the place, but after playing it for a bit, I have to say it's really fun! You just can't trust game reviewers these days. The game has tons of old-school style gameplay- it's not about exploration or storyline.. it's about dodging like a madman and blowing crap up! Anyway, I just wanted to post this to give you guys the rundown on it, since it's one of those good games that gets dissed for no real reason at all.

Whatever floats your boat.

I played the demo for a few minutes and I was already bored.

The controls were pretty lousy and the game was very repetitive.

I personally loved it, the music was amazing, character design unique, the whole game was beautiful from an aesthetical point of view, the controls and gameplay were pretty simple, still enjoyable.

I already got both the Blackbird and Papillon outfits unlocked ^^!

PN03_2.jpg

PN03_1.jpg

I was gonna rent it, but I appreciate the heads up, because this game got really dissed. unfortunately....

Yeah, if you don't like shooters then it's probably not for you. And while it's true that many of the rooms are similar to each other, that's part of the aesthetic of the game, not to mention the fact that it helps you deal with the pattern-based gameplay. As for the controls, the complaint that most people seem to have is that you can't fire while moving, which is true, but again, that's the way the gameplay is designed. If you could move and shoot at the same time, the game would be more like 'tomb raider:combat edition', which would suck IMHO.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Oct 17, 2003 @ 12:06 AM

Domo arigato degozaimasu, Kuma-chan! ^^!

I suddenly find my brain trying to resolve the image of a teddy bear performing the Shun Goku Satsu.

If you think that's weird, wait until you see Shin Kuma-Chan performing the forbidden move. :ph34r: :blush:

No, you can actually get shot twice with the Papillon suit on, you will die with the second shot ^^;

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 16, 2003 @ 08:36 PM

I already got both the Blackbird and Papillon outfits unlocked ^^!

Any chance of showing us a shot of the Blackbird suit? I've heard it was "The best suit in the game!" :)

It is the best regarding performance, it has all stats in their highest level, still, Papillon has 2 advantages:

1. It lets you choose the Energy Drives you want to use from the complete Energy Drive list.

2. It is the best looking Aegis Suit in the whole game!

Other than high stats, Blackbird is not very special, it is just completely black.

Wow, I just checked out the game at capcom-europe and, well, wow :) When I saw this game I saw a combination of Burning Rangers and Zone of the Enders. Anyway, sounds good to me - I'm always keen for unique games :blush:

Back