Panzer Dragon Orta, and all things X-box

schi0249

Mid Boss
I just won an X-Box at work. I was curious if it is worth getting. I never paid attention to reviews, as I had no X-box. Also, Any other recommendations on games.

Nice one. :thumbs-up:

I'm curious to see what suggestions you get 'cos I've got the loan of an Xbox for a couple of months and I'm looking for games to buy. :banana

what are you looking for, i.e what is your fav type of game, if you like fps, racing, sports etc...?

Here's some games that are worth getting

PDO

Halo of course (it really is better on XBOX)

Star wars knights of the old republic

JSRF

Splinter cell (if you dont already have it)

Soul calbour its most excellent with spawn

There are also some other great games but those are ones I enjoy more often than others.

Yes I believe it is. I own both. I had the GC one then my friend got the xbox one and I'm like holey shit what am I doing?! So I got the xbox version. Not only is spawn cooler, but it looks much better and the controls are just totally better.

As for Halo and KOTOR, I'm waiting for the PC versions. But JSRF is next on my list. Gamestop sells the combo disk for like $8, but EB sells it alone for $6. Which should I pick?

Next best Xbox game is coming out on the 21st this month, Crimson Skies will totally kick arse. Great Live support too. Any Sxers who get this game will have to play me online :)

---Ammut

Originally posted by schi0249@Oct 13, 2003 @ 07:59 PM

As for Halo and KOTOR, I'm waiting for the PC versions. But JSRF is next on my list. Gamestop sells the combo disk for like $8, but EB sells it alone for $6. Which should I pick?

I'd get the stand alone cause the novelty of having the disc is worth the two bucks dont you think?

Knights of the Old Republic

Max Payne if you haven't played it yet

JSRF

Halo

Xbox Live kit with:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

ESPN NFL 2k4 if you like football (fever blows the receivers don't even follow routes making playcalling pointless)

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Capcom vs Snk 2 is a no brainer if you like 2d fighters at all

I´d stay away from Halo, as it´s actualy just an overhyped FPS game...

(not gonna go into details)

Anyway,

Panzer Dragoon Orta is a good buy as it´s´´basicly 2 games in one!

(Orta + you get the original PD as a bonus ^_^)

Also,

modding the xbox so you can run emulators for the Genesis and Snes (and whatever other old console you may love) on it is also a big +

Personaly, I hate the Xbox, but it has a few "things" that makes it worth a look every once in a while (Like the recently leaked E3 demo of Sonic Heroes)

You say there is also Panzar Dragoon in Panzar Dragoon Orta? Was it updated to today's standards? or just a port?

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Oct 14, 2003 @ 05:55 AM

You say there is also Panzar Dragoon in Panzar Dragoon Orta? Was it updated to today's standards? or just a port?

Just a port from the PC version.

I was going to build a set top pc, but bought an xbox instead (for some reason), in any case, after buying it, and a 120GB hdd, and a mod chip, it basically does everything I'd want a set top to do. I can watch dvd's on it, I can play emu games on it, I can play xbox games on it (duh). The only thing I'm not liking is that some of the emu's don't run quite as smoothly as they would on a pc. Overall I'm very impressed with the unofficial xbox stuff. For actual games, I'd suggest PSO (I know I know, but it's still fun to me lmao), Kotor, Soul Calibur 2 is spiffy too. I wouldn't bother with SC2 if you already have it on the cube though. And I also wouldn't bother with DOA Volleyball. If you want fan service go get some pr0n. If you want to play a game... DOA Volleyball is about as shallow as the kiddy pool.

lucky guy, Panzer Dragoon Orta is only $10 at bestbuy.com, go to vgtalk.com for other deals. Right now the search engine is down at bestbuy, so you'll have to wait a while to order it.

Back