Panzer Dragon Orta, and all things X-box

I've decided to avoid bestbuy.com from now on. Between them taking 28 days to get something shipped to me (I actually forgot I'd ordered it), and then them saying that there was an error in the processing of another order, and saying I wasn't charged and the item wasn't shipped (so I went elsewhere to order) then having it show up at my house a week and a half later and hitting my credit card from best buy. I don't think I need to shop there anymore.

The problem with emulation on the Microsoft Xbox is the lack of RAM, you are only able to run games that do not go over 56Mb uncompressed. Still, most old games run perfectly.

yeah, it's just a few snes games I've noticed severe slowdown... and the few gba games I've tried could run better. The psx and n64 emulation ran a lot better than I was suspecting.

Gladly, the Neo-Geo and CPS/CPS-2 emulation is flawless, all CPS/CPS-2 can be emulated perfectly (the latest CPS-2 release is Marvel vs Capcom, and fits perfectly into the RAM) but unfortunately you cannot emulate big Neo-Geo games such as King of Fighters 97 and later...

Well... unless you have the ability to solder 64Mb more of RAM into the system, which is possible and has been done.

des-row, you never heard of an xbox emulator called KawaX? It plays all of the big neogeo games like KOF2k1, Metal Slug X, perfectly without any extra RAM being attached to the xbox.

The damn thing has an HD. RAM is not a problem.

I could ran Last Blade 2 under 32MB or RAM in my 'ol 'puter back in the day, because the windowze has this so-called "virtual memory", that is mapped onto the HD.

Of course, it took a while to load the games, but they worked ;P

64MB RAM provided almost hic-up-free emulation.

I think the X-box has a whole gigabyte or two in the HD reserved solely for file swapping, so developers can resort to that when the RAM runs out. All CPS2/NeoGeo PC emus can use HD cache, so it's expected the X-box ports to do the same.

For a good beat'em up, get Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Not the multiplatform Chaos Bleeds, the Xbox exclusive first Buffy game, which should be pretty cheap by now.

Originally posted by dnguyen800@Oct 14, 2003 @ 07:35 PM

des-row, you never heard of an xbox emulator called KawaX? It plays all of the big neogeo games like KOF2k1, Metal Slug X, perfectly without any extra RAM being attached to the xbox.

When I was active in the Microsoft Xbox scene, the best thing we had was MAMEX and Final Burn Alpha X ^^;

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Oct 14, 2003 @ 10:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Oct 14, 2003 @ 10:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dnguyen800@Oct 14, 2003 @ 07:35 PM

When I was active in the Microsoft Xbox scene, the best thing we had was MAMEX and Final Burn Alpha X ^^;[/b][/quote]

How long ago was that? ^^;^;

Back