Panzer Dragoon Orta

stack99

Established Member
All I can say is wow.. I just got a playable on the xbox.. my god... what a beautiful game, the control the everything.. this game is a must for any sega fan.... I highly recomend this game... too bad it never came out on dreamcast like it should have.. oh well..

-----------------------------------------------------------

SEGA

Wow, I was luckier than I realized when I walked into Toys'R'Us that day a couple weeks ago and ended up playing the PD Orta demo on an XBox.
smile.gif

They had too much light though and the TV they had set up was horribly blurred from too much brightness and burnout. Why the damn store asses can't ever set up a display properly instead of turning brightness/contrast to maximum is beyond me.

I know I didn't get very much out of the demo because of that.
sad.gif

The game is awesome and it truely did the saga justice. The game is beautifully done the lighting the transforming of the dragon is nice.. it is a really supped up version of the sega classic. I just hope the rest of the game os as good as the demo...

-------------------------------------------------------

SEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somthing I dont get: Why is everyone saying the boss was so impresive? The boss I fought was a giant flying battle cruser. Are their alternate bosses?

People have also said the boss is "scary", which I can't see how thats possible with a large battle cruser. A large moster or somthing, but not a battle cruser. Also, yes, It does play quite nice, but I think some of the collision detection is a bit off. When flying through the corridors durring the demo, at a few points their are circular objects (sort of like a partialy shown gear) protruding from the walls which need to be dodged, however, it seams that unless you morph into the smallest dragon, its not possible to dodge them. The wings need to have some leway so that shot wont hurt the player if the tips are touched. Im also hoping that the music is a bit more pronounced in the final version, as the track in the demo is barly noticable, and even if you do listen to it, it doesn't seam as grand as the tracks from previous PD games. The only other gripe I have with the demo, which like the others isn't exactly a major issue, but bothers me none the less, is the main chars hair while in real time. I have seen what it looks like in the cinemas from pics on the net, and while in real time it looks far different. Its sort of like its broken up into draped segments arround her head.

Over all though so far the game looks and plays quite well, but I felt like nit picking tonight.

I've read that that the Demo was also very early code...meaning a lot of tweaking was still left to do. The final product should be a lot more intimidating!

Did you guys know that the original Panzer Dragoon game is an unlockable secrect in Pandoras box?
cool.gif

Originally posted by 3rdman@Nov. 12 2002, 2:34 pm

Did you guys know that the original Panzer Dragoon game is an unlockable secrect in Pandoras box?
cool.gif

Yeah, someone mentioned that a while ago making some people wonder if there was a Saturn emulator written for the Xbox just to play PD.

Not that it would be a port of the PC version...
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by mal+Nov. 11 2002, 12:12 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Nov. 11 2002, 12:12 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-3rdman@Nov. 12 2002, 2:34 pm

cool.gif

Yeah, someone mentioned that a while ago making some people wonder if there was a Saturn emulator written for the Xbox just to play PD.

Not that it would be a port of the PC version...
sarcasm.gif
[/b][/quote]

Well, in my defense I read it in the OXM that the game was emulated! I had forgotten about the PC version!
blush.gif

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but on the balance of probabilities I'm pretty sure it will be a port.

If it isn't a port however, and realy is emulated, someone will probably try and rip the emu from the final game and then for the first time a good saturn emu would be available
smile.gif
*wishful thinking*

Back