PartsPC.com

Taelon

Established Member
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with partspc.com. I just ordered a new PC from there (a customized Athlon XP 2200+, hooray!), but I didn't exactly check up on them until after the order.
blink.gif
Well, they ARE a member of the BBB, and the BBB says they always handle customer complaints properly. On the other hand, customer feedback at resellerratings.com is thoroughly average.

I guess I'm just a little bit nervous now and in need of some reassuring.
smile.gif

racketboy: will do. If you do go with pcparts.com, read the policies closely, though, helps to avoid surprises.

IceMan: coming right up *shuffles* ...

Product SKU Qty Serial Number/s Shipment Status

Asus A7N266-VM Socket A 266FSB DDR Motherboard 131 1 ================

AMD XP 2200 + Processor ( OEM Exchange warranty Only) 75 1 ================

Arctic Silver 3 Premium Silver Thermal Compound 14 1 ================

Thermaltake Volcano 8 AMD Approved Copper Base Heatsink + Fan 2651 1 ================

Western Digital 80.0GB 100/7200RPM Hard Disk Drive (8MB) 2546 1 ================

D-LINK 10/100 PCI 530TX+ w/ wake on lan 1604 1 ================

Thermal Shim - AMD Processor Core Protector - Apply Carefully - Instructions on Website 2296 1

HouseBrand Accusys 420P4 U2 Neon Blue 420W AMD/P4 Case 2644 1 ================

256MB PC2100 266MHz DDR Certified SPD 2614 1 ================

Floppy Disk Drive 3.5 Mitsumi 980 1 ================

Assemble and test it and get 1 yr warranty (Recommended) 2653 1 ================

Mitsumi PS2 104Key Keyboard 2800 1 ================

Accusys System Box w/Extra Padding,Protection 2130 1 ================

Logitech M-S48 INTERNET WHEEL MOUSE PS2 1556 1 ================

Build your own AMD Dream System 2652 1 ================

I'm getting all of this assembled, tested and ready to run... no OS as I've got that. Also I have a CDRW drive and SBLive 5.1 soundcard to "reuse" to complete this machine. Just need a 19" monitor now...

EDIT: This post came out wrong the first time around, I had to re-edit everything. Stupid shit BBS expanded all the smileys and stuff to huge html codes and URLs. WTF is up with that...
angry.gif
damn.gif

is it just me or do they not offer the new Canterwood P4s?

I'm wanna get a 2.4Ghz HT with 800Mhz bus

ive only recently heared of them from a guy that barely knows anything about the internet or whats on it -- dont know if thats a good or bad thing or if they are trust worthy

I've never seen any reviews of their products

I've personally been looking at ibuypower.com

seem to have good options and good prices

mal: thanks, for whatever it is you did. I'd still love to hear the full story though, maybe in a PM?
smile.gif

Iceman: you seem VERY interested in my new system
biggrin.gif
well, to answer your Q... the mobo has integrated Geforce4 MX graphics (it IS an nVidia chipset after all). That may not be much nowadays, but it'll still be an improvement over my Voodoo3 3000 PCI card
blink.gif
plus I plan on making use of that AGP slot later on...
smile.gif

For now, though, I wanted to make a fresh start at a low price. Frankly, I'm not even much of a PC gamer, I'm much more interested in video editing and media playing with a TV-out-capable card. In time, though...

yeah I originally wanted a nForce board too

good value and nice intergrated graphics (comparably) and sound -- save a lot compared to buying separate cards

Taelon: you got your motherboards mixed up, the Asus A7N266-VM is based off the of the first nforce (called 220D or something) chipset, which uses an integrated Geforce 2MX. The Nforce 2 chipsets are the latest, they have geforce 4 mx integrated video. You should get a new videocard soon, because that integrated GF2MX is slower than the AGP version. For something cheap, check the refurbished section at newegg.com, i bought a Radeon 9100 for only $48, and it works great.

Originally posted by dnguyen800@Jun 3, 2003 @ 06:33 PM

Taelon: you got your motherboards mixed up, the Asus A7N266-VM is based off the of the first nforce (called 220D or something) chipset, which uses an integrated Geforce 2MX. The Nforce 2 chipsets are the latest, they have geforce 4 mx integrated video.

Gosh, you're right, thanks for the correction. I got the GF4MX idea from another Asus board which indeed has the nForce2 chipset. Three hours of customizing my dream system online had my head spinning in the end.
smile.gif

But a Radion for $48? WOW. Thanks for the tip, will keep an open eye (and mind)
smile.gif

Edit: Radeon... I meant Radeon.
blink.gif

Edit2: Not like there's a Radio nVidia out there broadcasting or something...
wink.gif

I leave for a few weeks and come back, and found that Taelon/Dai is finally buying a new computer? Jesus freaking tapdancing Christ, has hell frozen over???

:cheers

You know how it goes! The maddest things always happen when one's away from home!
laugh.gif

... You should've been gone much sooner, I'd have my PC already
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, kwik update 4 ya lovely folx... it's shipping! UPS picked up two packages last night and they're scheduled for delivery next Tuesday..which happens to be my day off. I can hardly wait... Though, I have yet to see a credit card charge
blink.gif

Oh, and I'm guessing it's two packages because of one being the PC and the other, keyboard/mouse/manuals/warranties etc....

Originally posted by dnguyen800@Jun 3, 2003 @ 10:33 PM

Taelon: you got your motherboards mixed up, the Asus A7N266-VM is based off the of the first nforce (called 220D or something) chipset, which uses an integrated Geforce 2MX. The Nforce 2 chipsets are the latest, they have geforce 4 mx integrated video. You should get a new videocard soon, because that integrated GF2MX is slower than the AGP version. For something cheap, check the refurbished section at newegg.com, i bought a Radeon 9100 for only $48, and it works great.

nice. im using a radeon 9100 right now, its a badass card, i definately reccommend it.

MTXBlau, Zusar Vasar was an obsession. The PC is a *need*. LOL... Plus, I got birthday money from my parents to buy it with.

Back to PartsPC.com - so far, so good! The PC is in transit via UPS and scheduled for delivery on Tuesday
biggrin.gif
and they charged me the correct amount on my CC as well - apparently throwing in the D-Link ethernet card for free. Awesome!

Back