paying for cuteftp?

unless im missing something on their page every version you have to pay for. did i just imagine the days when you could download an eval copy? and bulletftps site seems to be nonexistant (when i use the link in the ftp section).

not sure when they ended evaluation versions, try smartftp though, they used to be freeware, now it's nagware,(no i don't know the proper term for it) .

Smart FTP

Only if you don't know your ftp commands ^_^. I find it's quite handy when you're at some pc n00b's house and need to get on an ftp. I can't stand IE and I also can't stand IE's ftp support.

Only if you don't know your ftp commands ^_^. I find it's quite handy when you're at some pc n00b's house and need to get on an ftp. I can't stand IE and I also can't stand IE's ftp support.

Yeah, I know my ftp commands, and it comes in handy, but it still sucks. Part of its suckitude is due to the DOS shell's shortcomings, but it has some sucky features all its own (example: no automatic mode selection). I can say without hesitation that MS's standard FTP client is the worst command line FTP that I have ever used, and I've used some pretty bad ones (standard AIX (3.x) and SCO (circa 1989) ftp commands, for example).

It's the only command line ftp client I've used (well that's a lie, I did use one in a version of redhat for a bit about 2 years ago, and that sucked for me, since I'm not exactly a linux user lol).

Back