Pc bios eproms >:|

K i need to find 256kb eprom for a pc-chips :smileyshot2 m726mrt. my board came with the wrong ep-rom well i got 2 my first one had the right eprom but the board was cracked so i sent it back and i got this one it boots but the bios is wrong so it always locks up.
angry.gif
and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find me a new bios chip????

they are also normally well in excess of the price of a new board if your looking for a preprogrammed eprom with the exact image for your board

what you could try is to get a blank chip of the same type if you have access to an eprom burner and write a good image onto the chip

if this is a new board why dont you just take it back to where you brought it though?

hehe all i need is a blank so i can copy the boot block and the bios over i made a back up of the boot block b4 i did anything. and i know a guy with a burner it just finding the eprom. it needs to be a 256kb they aren't easy to find. and some of those eproms are like welded in from age. ???

it needs to be a 256kb they aren't easy to find.

256KB (I'm assuming you mean KB and not Kb, since I've never seen a PC BIOS that small) EPROMs aren't that tough to find. However, I can't help you find one unless I know what kind of package and organization you need. Do you have a part number for your current one?

Back