Pdsaga swap trick question..

I heard you cant use the swap trick on multiple disc games, something about it needing to detect the door opening and closing. Wondering if itd work if I had my saturn opened up so i could release the door switch after id done the swap to load disc 1, maybe messing with it somewhat if i had to do some kind of swap for disc 2.. is it going to try and read the copy protection on disc 2 aswell?.. just hoping theres an easier way than trying to mod my model 1 saturn. If no ones tried this I'll probably have a mess around with it
tongue.gif

When you reach the end of a disc in PDS, you are prompted to save the game. It doesn't ask that you then insert disc 2. You must reboot at the end of a disc, so you just insert the second disc and swap as normal.

I've played through PDS with swapping, so I can assure you there are no fancy tricks you need to pull.

personally, i cant understand how any saturn enthusiast gets by on the swap trick. my first saturn was a model 1, so i bought a model 2 just to mod it. i play with my saturn once or twice a week and i couldnt imagine having to mess around with swapping every time i'd want to play a backup game...

I couldn't agree more!! That comment along the lines of "I hope there's an easier way than trying to mod my Saturn" just tripped me. Modding IS the easiest way!!
smile.gif

OK, maybe not a model-1 Saturn, though...

Who said I was an enthuiast? I just got the machine. And it was given to me unexpectedly. Im quite pleased with it and enjoying the games Ive got so far but I literally havent got any cash to spend on it at the moment having just lost my job so Im just looking for the best games to download for it to try and stop me losing my mind now ive suddenly got all this free time and no money, while i try and find another job. If thats ok with you.

gerbils1000:

that changes everything of course. I'm sorry you lost your job and hope you find something else soon. You serve as a reminder that we never really know who we talk to in an online forum and what their lives and circumstances are like. I was somewhat arrogantly assuming you were the average gaming enthusiast (yup, I used the word) who got his console because he wanted it, and who has at least some money he's willing to spend on it (maybe) and has no other care at all in his life.

Again, good luck with finding a new job, and in the meantime, do enjoy PD Saga.
smile.gif

There are many reasons for not modding a Saturn - one of which is lack of funds as gerbils pointed out there. Other reasons might be lack of interest, zero soldering skills, zero solder, no confidence, no easy mod availability, no credit card. The last two point were why it took me some time to get a mod.

I agree it's worth it in the end, but there are still good reasons to swap instead of mod.

i got mine by paying with money oorder and got my dad to solder it for me :). but if you dont have anyone who can solder it for you i guess thats a problem. as well as the no funds for it ordeal... best of luck in finding a job man.

Originally posted by Curtis@Jan. 30 2003, 5:15 am

There are many reasons for not modding a Saturn - one of which is lack of funds as gerbils pointed out there. Other reasons might be lack of interest, zero soldering skills, zero solder, no confidence, no easy mod availability, no credit card. The last two point were why it took me some time to get a mod.

I agree it's worth it in the end, but there are still good reasons to swap instead of mod.

I thought the latest discovery made mod chips solderless?

Alex

I don't see whats wrong with the swap at all, I guess I'm just used to it now. I got my Saturn for 0$, paying 20+$ for a mod chip seems kinda funny...I don't see it as a pain at all anymore, I time it perfectly and it gives the system character, lol. Besides, more incentive to buy legit games I suppose.

Curtis brings up good points too.... I don't see much advantage in purchasing online, picking it up at the post office, opening up my saturn again, installing/soddering it (when I don't know how to solder especially), compared to simply taking a cd in and out every day...keeps my timing skills active too
tongue.gif

And I have a model 1...

I'm sure I'll get one someday, when I get a 2nd saturn for sure (Im thinking nice white Japanese one would look sweet beside my dreamcast)

---Ammut

Back