Phantasy Star IV

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
The Final Terror

Launch into the biggest RPG ever on Genesis! This is the explosive magic-and-monster packed FINALE to the incredibe Phantasy Star sage. An ancient, hideous Dark Force stalks the Algol star system. You, a young hunter, are destined to become Motavia's greatest warrior and strike the death-blow that destroys evil FOREVER
  • Cast over 200 different magic spells or combine them for even more devastating effects!
  • Hack through hordes of gruesome monsters that morph into even uglier, deadlier foes!
  • Awesome 3-D combat! Toast Dark force minions from inside incredible combat vehicles likw the Land Rover and Ice Digger!
  • 24 megs of fierce role-playing challenge with battery backup! The largest RPG ever for the Genesis!

Is this the Final Terror or the Final Phantasy? :lol:

A great game. The anime cutscenes were really cool for the time and the game more than made up for the disappointing PSIII. The combos were pretty cool too.

THE SINGLE BEST FUCKING RPG EVER!

Chrono Cross comes very close, but PSIV is the best RPG I've played. It rounded out the saga nicely. Maybe too nicely... as there will never be a PSV.... :(

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Aug 3, 2004 @ 01:58 PM

THE SINGLE BEST FUCKING RPG EVER!

Chrono Cross comes very close, but PSIV is the best RPG I've played. It rounded out the saga nicely. Maybe too nicely... as there will never be a PSV.... :(

:blink: Calm down! :lol:

I played it last week, it was a great game, one of my all-time favorite RPGs now.

Amazing game...still pissed at all those wasted hours trying to figure out the 15th combo in the game that never existed...but amazing nevertheless

One of the best RPG that I have played (maybe the best).

The music, the anime scenes, the battles... and the most important, the atmosfear, you can almost feel the sun, a hot wind, the sand under your feet. It is like Snatcher, you can almost feel that you are there and there are not a lot of games that can do that.

Awww man?! Don't even get me started on this..

One of the first video games I ever rented! The first RPG I ever played!

Rented the damn thing for weeks until I beat it (Could've bought it for how much I paid.).

Absolutely.. positively.. has been, and always will be; my favorite game of ALL time.

Youbetchurass I own it now.

But I still need a decent box for it.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Aug 3, 2004 @ 09:39 PM

ive played over and over... but still never beat it. Love the game, just never beat dark force.

Which Dark Force were you trying to beat?

Probably....

Although the third Dark Force was surprisingly easy. You only have three party members, as opposed to four during the last two fights, and the third one is the strongest. When I beat the third DF, I was like "Whoa! That was easy!"

You only fight three Dark Forces.

The Profound Darkness is not a Dark Force. The Profound Darkness is the utter epitome of all that is evil, and Dark Forces are all just fragments of The Profound Darkness.

Originally posted by alucardgar@Aug 4, 2004 @ 03:12 PM

It reminds me the real SEGA.......

Agreed. Phantasy Star IV is one of the most amazing RPG ever created. Now, let's just hope the remake that will be included in the Phantasy Star Trilogy box will be least as good as the original.

Best regards,

uhhh, DUH, it has to be as good cause its THE SAME GAME, with lil additions...

umm, im too sarcastic. I AM THE TOTMACHER... GRRRRRRRR

Back