Phantasy Star IV

Cloud121

Established Member
I'm getting PSIV in a month, and I want to know: Does it give any references to PS - PSIII that might spoil those for me? I don't wanna play it, then have it spoil some of the other three games (especially PSII!)

Quote: from eatpenguin on 12:15 am on Mar. 15, 2002

erm

the whole alys sword and alys statue thing

(ps1)

Um... I thought Alys was in PSIV? Don't you mean Alis? Also, does it spoil so much of the other games, that it makes them practically unplayable? Or is it just a minor spoiler in PS and PSII? Does the PSII spoiler occur during the intro to PSIV (you know, after the title screen fades out, then it talks about the background of the series)?

Edit: Any PSIII spoilers?

(Edited by Cloud121 at 1:52 pm on Mar. 17, 2002)

Nope, later, and you'll know when you run into whistlers.

Edit: What I'm talking about, spoils PSII and the setting for PSIII.

hehe, now I see why you like final fantasy.

(Edited by Nadius at 10:11 pm on Mar. 17, 2002)

From what I hear, PSIII akes place in another galaxy at the exact same time as PSIV. So you're pretty safe from spoilers there. PSII Can be spoiled some though, Cause you'll know about the major events from it. I would advise to play PSII before you PSVI (Unlike me, who went backward in the series :( )

PSIII is almost totally unrelated to any of the other games, kinda like PSO.

(Edited by Miles McCloud at 2:40 pm on Mar. 19, 2002)

In Final Fantasy games you can play the latest ones with out worrying about spoiling the last ones. I don't think I've seen any lore about the 12 sages, was it, at crescent lake in any newer games.... (That would be pretty cool to make or play a prequel with those guys)but i haven't played too much of IX or X... so maybe they've changed their ways... but i highly doubt it..

Phantasy Star III, iirc, says nothing about at all about anything in PS I or II, it really seems like a whole different game besides the items and it's "unmentioned" connection to the series. But I never played all the way through any of the four quests, so I might be wrong it not saying anything about PS history (other then that which occured on the Alisa III).

Back