Phantasy Star Online PC

I was wondering if the PSO PC servers are still up and running. If they are does anyone know were I can buy the game and how much does it cost to play on the PC servers.

Thanks

The only released a demo, it looks like Forest 1. Resolution can't be changed... it's kindof moot. I don't think there are any servers available now, but I could be wrong.

Today my friend ended yup giving me his copy of Phantasy Star Online for Christmas :) . I tried out his account and was able to see this. Thank you Sega. :thumbs-up:

Attachments

• pso.jpg
    pso.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 169
  • pso.jpg
    pso.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 165
Yup PSO has a variety of seasonal themes in it. Even the original DC one had them. Of the top of my head it has Xmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Years and some ocasion to use the Samba de Janero song from Samba de Amigo. Oh and it also has several tracks from sonic adventure for some reason.

I think there is also halloween. I had a pirated copy of pso for the pc for a bit, played around with it (the graphics were purdy), dunno about online, but I do remember taking my level 14 ranger in for a fight with vol opt... I think that's teh longest I've ever spent fighting a boss in any game ever lol.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Dec 29, 2003 @ 01:00 AM

Oh and it also has several tracks from sonic adventure for some reason.

For the release of sonic adventure 2 they had a celebration of sorts on pso. Sonic music played in the city and sonic characters were standing around in different places.

The PC servers were shut down after the game was spread through sites/P2P programs. Almost everyone on them was a hacker or using a bootleg copy.

If you want to play online PSO on the PC, then wait for the release of Episode 1&2 (the GC/Xbox version ported to pc). It will have server side saves, so hacking shouldn't be AS bad...

So the full servers were closed down also?

I know the trial ones were, because you could use a hack to play the full game on the Trial severs... and since they ran on the same software as the final version servers, you had access to the full game, bar the missions.... no doubt that lead to Sega closing them.

PSO Episode I and II is avaliable for the PC in April, no news on a Western release however.

I just started to play it on my pc yesterday!! :cheers

It rox, but I cant updade or start a online game, anybody knows why? I dont have a serial number but to update it doesn't ask me... Do I need it to update as well?

I know the rules mal, but no. Here in Brasil it wasn't released... :(

So the only way to play it is with a copy or importing. But the last one is very dificult (and expensive ; ) ).

Tough shit.

You're talking about warez and that's not tolerated here. Consider this your first warning.

Originally posted by Shakey Jake33@Jan 12, 2004 @ 11:04 PM

So the full servers were closed down also?

I know the trial ones were, because you could use a hack to play the full game on the Trial severs... and since they ran on the same software as the final version servers, you had access to the full game, bar the missions.... no doubt that lead to Sega closing them.

Yeah, they were forced to close down the full game servers also.

There are now servers up that were made by some friendly hackers :p

Originally posted by Sonikusan@Apr 10, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

I woouldn't call that "hacking." If you want to play PC or DC at all online you can find out at pso.alturl.com.

Neither would I.

Just because something is made by hackers doesn't mean it is hacking.

*Emails a random hacker to ask them to hack me a sandwich* :hehehe:

Back