Phantasy Star Universe Info!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Sega has announced that Phantasy Star Universe will be run on the Playstation 2 and will be released sometime in the summer of 2005.

Here is a trailer for it.

I'll add a boo to that too, it really sucks that the only platform SEGA seems to be releasing new games on is the ps2. Gamecube anyone?

NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Goddamn I hate that PoS2! :devil :rant

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@May 17, 2004 @ 10:13 PM

*deep breath*

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....!!

*falls to doom*

Seriously though, I'm massively disappointed.

Ditto. This is so annoying! :damn:

Edit: Ice, where have you found this news? I can't see it on Sonicteam or Sega's sites.

Are you trying to say it will be ps2 exclusive? I have no doubt it 'will be run on the Playstation 2', but I can't see it not also coming out for xbox and Gamecube. Until I see this from other sources I don't believe it. I know Sega has done some bad business moves in the past, but alienating the PSO base on GC and ignoring the console with the most online users? I guess I'll wait and see, but I highly doubt it.

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@May 19, 2004 @ 04:30 AM

Are you trying to say it will be ps2 exclusive? I have no doubt it 'will be run on the Playstation 2', but I can't see it not also coming out for xbox and Gamecube. Until I see this from other sources I don't believe it. I know Sega has done some bad business moves in the past, but alienating the PSO base on GC and ignoring the console with the most online users? I guess I'll wait and see, but I highly doubt it.

---Ammut

I agree with Ammut until some other sources mention this. I know a random German site had a fake image with the playstation 2 logo photoshopped onto a picture of the PSU logo, but hadn't heard about this anywhere else until now.

There isn't anything on either Sega or Sonic Team's site and Spong don't seem to have it in their press releases or news sections anymore :blink:

*crosses fingers* Hopefully Sega isn't dumb enuf to ignor the GCN fanbase...but as alex said, things are in a mess right now...give a few weeks for the smoke to clear.

Have any other sites mentioned this "announcement" by Sega? I still haven't found anything, so can only assume that magicbox and spong posted news based on a rumour. >.>

Back