Phantasy Star vs Final Fantasy

So far I've only played half-way through the original Phantasy Star, so I had no choice but to vote Final Fantasy.

*looks around uneasily, and slowly backs away, gradually walks faster--all-out sprint away from the topic*

I didn't vote, because I feel some FF games are better than some PS games, and vice versa.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 18, 2004 @ 03:14 PM

So far I've only played half-way through the original Phantasy Star, so I had no choice but to vote Final Fantasy.

*looks around uneasily, and slowly backs away, gradually walks faster--all-out sprint away from the topic*

'Notices mountaindud running away in the distance*

*Goes after him....*

*Catches up to him*

*Beats the crap out of him for playing halfway through the original PS, and still voting FF*

Phantasy Star > Final Fantasy

*coughs up blood from getting beaten*

Oh wait, is this poll just about the original games, or the entire serieseseses? If that's the case the original PS beats the original FF by far.

The Poll is PS - PSIV vs FF - FFX-2

Actually... if it's PS vs the GOOD FFs, it'd be PS - PSIV vs FF - FFIX

I love both series of games. But when I look at them from a story, I prefer PS. Even though the story is convoluted at time, there is one central story.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 18, 2004 @ 11:43 PM

I think FF6, 7, and 10 are the only ones worth playing.

*Beats mountaindud even more for thinking FFX is actually a good game*

More like FFIV, FFVII, and FFIX.

I think FF6, 7, and 10 are the only ones worth playing.

I like 1 and 2JPN a lot for that oldschool play. I also enjoyed 9. I agree that 8 is absolutely not worth playing, however.

On the other side of the coin, though, a lot of people say the same thing about PS3. It's a good RPG at heart, but the bad presentation and incredibly stupid technique system hurts it.

Also, does this poll include the PSO games?

Nah, I don't think PSO is included. Anyway, PS all the way. 3 of 4 PS games rock, and one is decent. I'm not saying there aren't good FF games, though arguably the series peaked around 6/7, just that PS is better as a whole.

Mountaindud: You should at least play IV. My favorite is actually II, but that might be too challenging for the likes of you. Not as hard as the first one, mind you, but I'm sure you'll resort to cheating on the damn dams if not sooner.

PSII harder than PS? Nah.. PSII took me FIVE MONTHS to beat. PS took me about two weeks. PSIV about a week. The farthest I've gotten in PSIII is beating Rhys quest twice (Nial in save one, Ayn on save two), and I'm playing Nial's quest. Haven't played it in a couple months....

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 19, 2004 @ 12:00 PM

Mountaindud: You should at least play IV. My favorite is actually II, but that might be too challenging for the likes of you. Not as hard as the first one, mind you, but I'm sure you'll resort to cheating on the damn dams if not sooner.

I'll get all of them eventually.

"Too challenging for the likes of you"!?!?!?!? *slaps Alexvrb for disrespecting, and challenges him to a duel*

Cheating on PS2? The game isn't that difficult. The only RPG I cheated to win was FF1. The last dungeon was very difficult. I would only get about half way through before dieing.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 19, 2004 @ 05:24 PM

PSII harder than PS? Nah.. PSII took me FIVE MONTHS to beat. PS took me about two weeks. PSIV about a week. The farthest I've gotten in PSIII is beating Rhys quest twice (Nial in save one, Ayn on save two), and I'm playing Nial's quest. Haven't played it in a couple months....

You're not making sense. First you say that PSII is NOT harder, and then you explain that it took you months (for some reason) to beat PSII. Not that it matters, as "months" and "weeks" are completely arbitrary. I said that PS1 is harder (when I pointed out that PSII is not as hard as the original PS), and I'm sticking by that. The first-person dungeons are harder to navigate. PS2 dungeons are generally much easier because they are overhead. That doesn't mean PS1 is longer, just more difficult. I don't really know how to explain that in more simple terms.

Schi: I agree that the game isn't that hard. There are only a few dungeons that are really challenging, and not because of the monsters. However by the same token, tough monsters alone don't make a game hard. Any dolt can overlevel their characters. I only said it would be hard for Mountaindud, as he'll almost certainly resort to getting maps off the net by the Dams, actually probably sooner. That's why I suggested PS IV, as it is an excellent game, but should be easy enough for the likes of him.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 19, 2004 @ 06:49 PM

....I only said it would be hard for Mountaindud, as he'll almost certainly resort to getting maps off the net by the Dams, actually probably sooner. That's why I suggested PS IV, as it is an excellent game, but should be easy enough for the likes of him.

You keep insulting me!!

EDIT: I bought a lot of genesis games today, among them were Phantasy Star II, III, and IV. I hope PSII isn't too hard for me! :rant

Back