Phantasy Star

Cloud121

Established Member
Yo, what's the average length of time it takes an average RPG gamer to beat Phantasy Star? If you go straight through it (Example: With a strategy guide or something), or if you just do it completely clueless on everything from the start, how long you think it'd take for both?

Recently playing it on the GBA, i've put in about 3-5 hours, and i'm at medusa's tower... i'd say another 7 if baya malay tower is familliar to me at all, or another 14 if it isn't. I don't remember jack foo since the last time i played through it years ago, so my semi-clueless time would be just less than 20 hours. I'd say someone who's never played it at all would easily not know what do, in what order and take over 40 hours.

I spent a good chunk of a summer playing it once .

wow 3-5 hours and your already at medusa ? Takes me about that long just to get all my characters almost , that begining fund raising part is boring (to get money to go to motavia .)

Originally posted by Xavier@Jan. 13 2003, 11:47 pm

wow 3-5 hours and your already at medusa ? Takes me about that long just to get all my characters almost , that begining fund raising part is boring (to get money to go to motavia .)

let me break it down:

-mightbespoilertoyou!-

~

30min get level up alis to lv3 or 4

30min get 300 meseta (scorpions) for passport and roadpass, go get myau

30min get odin

30min raise some levels through scorpions and maneaters

30min-1hour get myau's iron fang

30min fight fishmen to raise levels and get money for ceramic armor

1hr to get shortcake

1hr30min to get Noah

2hr to get luveno, polymtrl, and haspy

30min to get amber eye and whereabouts of hovercraft

30min to get hovercraft, gas mask, donate 400 meseta, and get mirror shield.

hmm okay ... maybe i was rash in saying what i said, at that point i was still too weak to make my way up to her anyway. It's probably closer to 10-14 hours and so far i''ve played 20+ hours and i've got everyone's best equipment, and i'm on my way to get the eclipse torch. i'd say 15 more hours and booyah, i'm done and ready to play PSII again.

I'm currently playing it on my GBA, and I can tell you right now its going to take a while, Building up charachters at the start of the game is a must, gotta get your attack power up a bit before you go after the higher level monsters. The game for a new player would be 40 - 50 hours easy, as the dungeons are very tricky at some points, especially towards the end of the game, the dungeons with all the traps.

I too am recently going back to play the gba version, man I can't wait to beat it again... then two then three...... man oh man... wooooooo I love those games.

Back