Play saturn games on 32X CD Setup

After reading a article in a games magazine ages ago it said that a Sega megadrive, 32X and mega cd combined was the same power of a saturn. Is this true? If it is can't anyone make a bio's chip or a cart that would be able to run saturn games on the megadrive 32X cd setup? I was thinking bout this and i reckon it could work. As you know like the 32X- CD games has a code in the game that reckonises the 32X connected to the machine. All you would need to do would be copy the Saturn bios configation codes and place them on a chip that would either replace the Mega cd bios chip or make a cart that would be placed on the 32X and booted saturn games. Thats my verdict, i'm just a kid maybe i'm talking s**t! Some1 let me Know if its possable. Thanks

That would be technically impossible as the megadrive/cd/32x run off a completely different chipset than the saturn. it has not nearly enough power to even run a saturn game.

They use the same CPUs, but as any emulator author will tell you, there's a whole lot more to a system than the CPU.

Its not hard to get a saturn but i wanted to play saturn games on the 32X. I want to try and port some games over like daytona usa and virtua cop.

its all in the chipset. the gfx and sound chips are likely different and so are the processors. so you couldn't just port you'd have to try and emulate and that would crush that kinda hardware.

Quote: from Deviousd on 4:58 pm on Mar. 25, 2002

Its not hard to get a saturn but i wanted to play saturn games on the 32X. I want to try and port some games over like daytona usa and virtua cop.

So your going to reprogram the games?

no, he won't.

Virtua Fighter on 32X has less than half the polygons that the saturn version has, and no textures.

you'd have to redo the entire game, and without source code, you can forget that.

This thread is just too good, talk about porting games from a more powerful system to a less powerful system and reprogramming the games without any code whatsoever.

There are remakes of Sonic for NES, MSX and even a Speccy one was in the works...

And this recalls me... ain't there an official VF game for megadrive, that looks like a 2d fighter?

Didn't someone start a thread about 'converting' dreamcast games to run on the saturn once..?

As I recall, he was laughed out of the forum.

Back