Playing a jap KoF95 in a Moded Pal Saturn

This weekend I saw a Jap KoF95+KoF96 collector package and I have been thinking about it. To play a jap Game I need the Action replay or make an ISO of it and change it to Pal. The first option won't work because I need the KoF95 ROM cartridge, but will the jap ROM cartridge work in a Pal Moded Saturn with a KoF95 patched as Pal?

Thanks in advance.

that is very good question that have no answer. I installed country as well as 50/60Hz switches into my PAL Saturn to avoid this kind of problem though...

cheers

The ROM cartridge specification does specify a region code field for the header, but I don't know if it's actually checked or by whom.

I have tried changing the jap disc to a pal region using satconv but it didn't work, the game started but the screen just stayed black after the license screen.

Originally posted by Berty@Thu, 2004-11-04 @ 01:14 AM

I have tried changing the jap disc to a pal region using satconv but it didn't work, the game started but the screen just stayed black after the license screen.

[post=122714]Quoted post[/post]​

Strange... I could get Kof 95 load, but Kof 96 gave a RAM message which I couldn´t understand... (I tried years ago...)

Originally posted by Akomander@Thu, 2004-11-04 @ 07:32 PM

Strange... I could get Kof 95 load, but Kof 96 gave a RAM message which I couldn´t understand... (I tried years ago...)

[post=122813]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe it was just a bad burn, ill try again

isn't KoF96 require RAM expansion cart or something?

I have same issue with many of Capcom titles on GiriGiri on missus PC - it's easier than go to the guest room to play... ;p

I don't think that's possible.

think someone ripped JPN KoF95 and convert the region code but still won't load with PAL KoF95 ROM cart or soemthing???

Back