Playing Gamecube on laptop screen

Hey Guys,

After using just about every kind of mobile screen known to man, I'm still disappointed in the quality when it comes to playing my GC. I would like to be able to play it via my laptop monitor, preferably in s-video or higher. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how I can do it? I'm primarily looking for a usb tv tuner card with RCA/S-video inputs. Thanks.

The WinTV PVR USB model is supposed to be a good one, as far as USB TV tuners go. The quality of the picture on any of these devices may let you down though...

Originally posted by Curtis@Apr 2, 2003 @ 01:02 AM

The WinTV PVR USB model is supposed to be a good one, as far as USB TV tuners go. The quality of the picture on any of these devices may let you down though...

So I should just stick to using my psone lcd screen for now??

Yes I think so. Because USB is low bandwidth, I'm fairly sure you can't use them for anything higher than 320x resolution. I've yet to see a USB2.0 TV tuner.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I'm using the Psone LCD monitor to play my GC games, but for some reaon the picture is funky on some games. In wind waker and sunshine, the color saturation is off, like the blue in both games are too dark. Also, in both games I'm getting some weird vertical banding even though it isn't noticeable in games like Resident Evil (probably because it is a dark game). I'm using monster brand cables for both gamecube and camcorder-to-tv cables. Has anyone else tried this combination before? Is there a better mobile monitor I can use? The Psone screen is the only one I know with a fast enough refresh rate to cut out the blurring one sees so often in other screens and it's blacks are pretty spot on. Thanks again.

Back