Playing VCDs in my DC

don't listen to skank, he doesn't even know what a dreamcast is.. #### microsoft fanboy.

the answer to your questions is a clear yes.

you have to download it, its called gypplay, it works pretty good too, watched all my old transformers episodes! =)

GypPlay is not really a VCD player, it is an MPEG-1 player. You have to put the MPEG-1 video file(s) you want on the disc with GypPlay, and it must be a Mode 1 track, which means that it will not have as much capacity as a VCD. It can't read Mode 2 discs (which is what most, if not all actual VCDs are). I think Blaze sold an actual VCD player program.

It's called DreamVCD and its going to run you approximately 30$. However, the quality is extremely poor. You are much further ahead to rip the vcd's and convert into mpegs, editing for disc size yourself and then burning onto cds and playing them with gypplay and eventually overheating and ruining your dreamcast.

Or, you could just watch them on your pc with a video card that has TV Out.

Or, you could just wait until the movies are sold here in America and BUY THEM or RENT THEM and stop stealing.

GypPlay can play vcd's, u just have to put the dat file of the movie on the cd with gypplay and it plays it, to burn it with ease grab DCFactory at: http://dcfactory.cjb.net ,download the gypplay script and follow the script, (I made the script :) )

GypPlay can play vcd's, u just have to put the dat file of the movie on the cd with gypplay

In other words, it won't play existing VCDs, and is therefore not a VCD player.

To someone with a substantial pre-existing VCD collection, this could be a very important distinction, which is the only reason I'm making such a big deal out of it.

Well the main reason I wanted it was because I say the Lain series (the whole series) on VCD, with Subs for 20 bucks on ebay. I dont want to buy the VHS set, I dont have a DVD player and the DVD set is $119 anyway. It just seemed to be a cheap alternative, but I really dont want to edit them all and stuff...I will just wait.

Dont accuse me of stealing you #######, it was a real VCD released in Nippon.

But you can't be bothered to spend the *MONEY* on the version that is released in the United States. So, instead, you spend your money and put it into another economy.

Quote: from Bocmaxima on 12:20 pm on Jan. 22, 2002

Well the main reason I wanted it was because I say the Lain series (the whole series) on VCD, with Subs for 20 bucks on ebay. I dont want to buy the VHS set, I dont have a DVD player and the DVD set is $119 anyway. It just seemed to be a cheap alternative, but I really dont want to edit them all and stuff...I will just wait.

Touchy, aren't we?

So, instead, you spend your money and put it into another economy.

Alas! Such a sin is unforgivable. Surely, the destruction of Flint is as nothing to the horror of putting $20 into a foreign country!

Quote: from Bocmaxima on 10:20 am on Jan. 22, 2002

Some DVD Players (Like Locke's Toshiba, haven't tested my Toshiba at my dad's yet) can play VCDs. Check out www.vcdhelp.com. I think they have a compatibility list.

Its no big deal, I was just looking for a cheap way to watch the Anime that I like without having to buy new hardware. I have limited income and cant just go out and buy whatever I want.

Also, if you have a Saturn you can get a VCD card for it that from what I have heard on the boards works remarkably well. Their is a VCD add on for Playstation as well, but I havn't heard what type of quality video they put out, plus the PSX add on the back port that was taken out of later models.

You should probably get rid of the idea of playing VCD's on your DC, their realy isn't anything out their that can let it play VCD's at a good quality such as that of DVD players or Saturn (Like I said before, no idea how good PSX vcd player is).

i have the dreamvcd player disc on cdr if your interested in it e-mail me at psxplayer01@yahoo.com and we can work out a trade of some sort, but one thing though the quality aint the best playing the vcds but if your interested e-mail me.

Back