Playstation -> USB

I got DDR for PC recently and I want to get a dance mat. I've found a PC dance mat, but it was almost $70, which is insane. This being my first real look into the world of DDR I'm not looking to spend a whole lot until I'm sure I like it. So I'm looking for either an inexpensive PC mat or some kind of PS to PC adaptor.

I've done a little research and found one here:

http://www.consolesource.com/playstation/ps-usb-cvt.htm

but I've heard that cheap adaptors might not allow for simultaneous button presses to register correctly. Plus I've never ordered from these guys before. What's my best option for getting a mat hooked up to my PC?

Also, I've seen some metal pads that cost about $150 on eBay, but I think that's a little beyond me right now. Maybe later
smile.gif

um dude i'm sorry to burst your bubble here but the psx mats and the pc mats both cost 70 dollars... so just get a PC one since it's probably better suited for what you are doing anyway.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct. 11 2002, 1:18 pm

um dude i'm sorry to burst your bubble here but the psx mats and the pc mats both cost 70 dollars... so just get a PC one since it's probably better suited for what you are doing anyway.

Oh?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801214

Unless you're referring to higher quality stuff like the hard plastic ones or the metal ones. I've seen many pads/mats like these go for $25 or less. I'm looking for cheap and functional right now. If I get into it I'll spend more on something better.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct. 11 2002, 1:47 pm

Oh you want the plsatic baggy one? I thought you mean the 2nd clase ones.

Well, I'm not even sure I'll like playing the game. I'd like to keep my initial investment as low as possible while still getting a good feel for what the game is like. I have a feeling the cheap "plastic baggy" pads are garbage that won't last long. What I'm really interested in knowing is if they register okay. If I'm only going to be frustrated by their crappiness then it might be a good idea to get something better. Yes, I could play in the arcades I suppose. But the closest arcade with DDR around here is about 20 miles away (that I know of anyway). And there's that whole people watching my dumb ass try to dance. No one wants to see that.

If you think it's a waste of money to get the cheap one, show me where (aside from eBay) I can get one of the higher up pads. I can always sell it later if I decide I don't like the game. Hell, show me anyway so if I love the game I'll know where to get one.

Back