Please help me burning Panzer Dragoon Saga

Hi!

I burned the first disc of PDS using fireburner-everything worked so far-when I use the disc in my Pal Saturn with swaptrick and 4in1 Action Replay(because its US) the game starts but then says: "Please remove any cartridge" and then goes to the Audio player of the Saturn.

Then I used Satconv and changed the region to European ad burned it with Nero-then I used again the swap method(without 4in1 AR) and nothing happens-the Saturn goes directly to the Audio menu.

What can I do to play this great game?

I also hae a japanese Saturn if this could help.

Is the game in bin + cue format? mine was and burned it fine for a north american saturn, you'll probably have to convery the game to iso mp3, and do the satconv to change country codes and then it will work.

Yes it is in bin+cue format-I used satconv with the bin file and it said that it is a US game so I changed the bin file to Europe but that did not help.

Is it wrong to use Satconv with bin files?

If yes-which program should I use to convert the bin file into iso and mp3 format? Isobuster?

Thank you!

If you have converted the game using Satconv to your local area, you no longer need that 4-in-1. Try removing it and see if that works.

Satconv works fine with BINs.

There are instructions on conversion of file in the misc. section of this board (under the ripping guide, I think).

Panzer Dragoon Saga is very picky about cartridges.

It certainly won't run with an Action Replay in.

I think someone once said it will run with an ST key. Or was it a Saturn Satellite?

thats my problem!

First I tried the unconverted US file in my Pal Saturn with 4in1 AR but then the message from PDS came that I should remove any cartridge-after the message the game quitted.

Then I converted the US file to an european file and burned it. I tried this file in my Pal Saturn Without Action Replay(only swaptrick) and nothing happened-it directly went to the Audio CD menu of the Saturn.

Has someone converted the US PDS to European and got it to work on a Pal Saturn?

You probably didnt do the swap correctly, when it directly goes to the audio menu, usually you were too early or too late on your swap. Try the swap method again and if hat doesnt work I dont know what to tlel you, my copy of pds worked fine when i swapped it in.

I've gotten the US PDS to convert and play on my PAL Saturn.

However, I have a modboard installed.

Quote: from Ratamahatta on 11:57 pm on Jan. 22, 2002

If it works, it should work on his with no problem.
True.

I just wanted to point out that I couldn't give any swapping advice.

Quote: from mal on 9:06 am on Jan. 22, 2002. True.

I just wanted to point out that I couldn't give any swapping advice.

Ok well its all cool, he should now have enough info to get thru his problem with pds.

Thanks for all your help!

I tried everything now- I changed the region even to japanese and tried it in my jap. Saturn but that also doesn´t work :(

I think that I don´t swap wrong because evey other game I got to work via swap.

But I also think that I burned it correct because the "Please remove any cartridges" writing when I tried it with Action Replay is written in letters from Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I wasted 8 CDrs till now but I still try on to get it to work :)

...also slow down your burn speed. If you burn past 4x, there can be some issues. I have PDS running fine on my PAL Saturn - it was converted from the US contry code to Euro.

I also have an official Saturn mem cart in the slot.

I will give up-I tried everything witout any luck-I burned it also with 2x speed but nothing changed.

Thanks anyway for all your tips and help!

Hi!

I got it from ralos ftp-I downloaded all 4 discs from there.

That is the content of the cue-file:

FILE "PDSAGA1.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

INDEX 01 60:59:23

TRACK 03 AUDIO

INDEX 00 61:07:60

INDEX 01 61:09:60

Do you have any idea what I can try to get it to work?

There is a way, you don't need to convert from us to Europe. make a country mod for your saturn.

look at this page:

http://www.mameworld.net/pc2jamma/satmod3.html

I have done this and it works fine for my pal Saturn. PDS(us) works without problems. for CDR detection I use a modchip board from lik sang. If the country modification isn't working with PDS, then the swap trick is no option to boot the game.

Back