PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE detail how to mod a Saturn!

:D Hey all, and hope you have a good New Year.

Anyhow, I just picked up a Model 2 Saturn. Now I'm going to be finally getting a job soon, hopefully, so I'll have money to spend on this beautiful machine.

One of my "dreams" of the moment is to completely mod a Sega Saturn. I'm talking country switch, 50/60Hz switch, modchip from Ye Greate Modchippe Provider Racketboy, the lot! :banana

I would greatly appreciate any information or accounts of experiences that you may have about modding this great machine. I have the barebones information on how to possible make the switches, but the docs for fitting the modchip have escaped me and I would appreciate confirmation on how to do any of these mods.

Hopefully you can help out! Thanks tons in advance.

the best thing to do would be to contact the guy at console passion as i think he has a modded saturn for sale at a good price

ive never tried to add a mod chip so i cant help you there

Thanks for that link.

23 PAGES!!?!?! :damn: That's a fair bit of reading! Better get the old goggles on...

Out of curiousity, why does this topic say "Moved"? I posted it here... :(

I still need to decide which Saturn of mine I will mod, though. I think I'll just buy one of your chips, Racketboy, and do all the mods on the Model 2 (hopefully without breaking it!) as that will be easier.

Thanks again! If anyone else can help out here, I'd appreciate it. :D

I'm not sure where the topic was originally posted, but we routinely move posts into more appropriate sections to keep things better organized.

BTW, you don't necessaruly have to read all 23 pages of that thread. The first few should be fine unless you want to leard from everyone else's questions.

And just to let you know, I should have a few chips remaining for a little while. Sales have slown down for the holidays, so I still have a handful currently.

Racketboy is teh hero... Are these the same modchips as are being sold by ma man Jandaman? :blink: Either way, I'm probably getting an Action Replay Plus from him. :banana

Anyway, thanks for your help here. I guess I'll have to either hack a modchip to my 20-pin, or just take the easy route by putting it in my Model 2.

The basic reason I would like a modchip is because most of my original CDs have been :eek:wned ... :( And while I don't like playing copies as opposed to the real thing, I despair at the thought that one day, I might be unable to pull out Panzer Dragoon Saga or NiGHTS for a game, copy or not!

I'm still looking for help about the 50/60Hz and country switches, for Model 1 or 2. I would greatly appreciate any information! Thanks very much. :D

Back