Please Remove Cartridge???

OK, I borrowed a modified Sega Saturn from my friend along with one of those Gameshark + memory card carts......

Panzer Dragoon (IS0 + MP3) - boots up fine

Panzer Dragoon Zwei (ISO + MP3) - boots up fine

Radiant Silvergun (ISO + MP3) - boots up fine

here's the weird one......

When I try to boot Panzer Dragoon Saga (cue + bin), the game boots fine, however when it's about to reach the title screen, the screen displays a message "Please Remove Cartrige"......

Fair enough, I will do that.....

And when I remove the cartrige and press reset, all of the sudden the Saturn won't recognize it as a Saturn CD anymore.....

I tried to reburn the CD using Nero, Blindwrite, and CDRWIN, however still no luck.....the dreaded message still appears.....the only difference i can think of is that my PDS comes in bin + cue instead of iso + mp3.....

any help is appreciated

Not so wierd. Just some cunning on the part of Team Andromeda. They locked out most carts to stop people from using cheats.

Use Satconv (DOS or Win32) and alter the country code of the bin to match that of your Saturn, reburn it and play it without the cart.

It's a US Saturn.....and i think i have the US version of PDS (got it from ralos)

I just found out something even more strange.....PD1 and RS will not boot WITHOUT the cart......and PDS does the same thing too.....

wait a damn minute......

No cart ----> no boot -----> no game

With cart ----> boot ----> cart lock-up ----> no game

does that mean i can't experience this masterpiece????

It could be that they all have country codes that aren't US.

Have you checked?

When I first burnt PDS I had the same thing happen. I changed the country code, reburnt, took out my AR cart and it worked perfectly.

Or maybe your friend has modded the saturn itself to another country, at least one friend of mine has done this to play his imports.

Well, on my copy of PDS if I have any saves from other games on internal memory the game asks me to remove the cart (even though there isn't one inserted) and proceeds to corrupt my internal memory. I learned my lesson after I lost all my saves once
angry.gif

Originally posted by venom@June 16 2002,16:13

Well, on my copy of PDS if I have any saves from other games on internal memory the game asks me to remove the cart (even though there isn't one inserted) and proceeds to corrupt my internal memory. I learned my lesson after I lost all my saves once
angry.gif

did you remove the cart when it was switched on?

Nope, there cart wasn't in the system (maybe my cart slot it messed up) but it asked me to remove it anyway. This has only ever happened with PDS, that's why before I play I backup everything and leave only saves for it

Edit: Problem fixed, I installed a mod chip today and the 'remove cartridge' problem disappeared. Guess it was my swap timing that was causing it.

Back