Policenauts

Excellent game, but I just tend to play with the shooting range on Beyond Coast
smile.gif

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug. 19 2002, 8:49 am

Never heard of this game -- can someone clue me in?

The (kind of) sequel to Snatcher, a similar sort of game but not released outside of Japan unfortunately.

This game, like Snatcher and every other Kojima game, is highly overrated. It's ok, but nothing that hasn't been done before, and better.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Aug. 19 2002, 9:00 pm

Wow, you just won me over, tomb raider is great, my fav game with polygons, oh yes, its awesome, and the movie.....

hehehe ive said it once but i will say it again.you guys crack me up.lol

For those who don't like this game should eat a pile of dog shit then commit suicide cause this is one of the best games ever created pure art in game making , sadly i'm stuck on cd2 ;~)

Good game; I have it for the PSX and Saturn. It is frusterating though that I cannot figure out what the hell to do after the shooting range in Beyond Coast. I have played the damn thing for years trying to figure it out! No American translation; figures.

Originally posted by lupas+Aug. 19 2002, 11:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lupas @ Aug. 19 2002, 11:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EThugg@Aug. 19 2002, 6:19 pm

TR3 (the worst TR) is better than any Kojima game. IMO

bet you have a lara croft blow up dolly,for those erm cold cold nights.[/b][/quote]

No, but if you know where I can get one...

Yeah, Tomb Raider is a classic ... pile of shit.

Fear anyone rating the Tomb Raider games over Snatcher/Policenauts...

P.S. Hideo may be overrated nowadays, but Snatcher and Policenauts?.. Pure quality. Tomb Raider? Cheap rehash worm shit.

P.S.S. Funny thing, putting Tomb Raider the movie in fast forward from start to end is no different then watching in in regular play --- Only there is no bad dialogue and it only last about 20 minutes.

What exactly is TR 1 a 'rehash' of? It was one of the 1st 3D action adventure games. There was nothing like it really. The worst you can say is it's a 3D version of PoP.

And Snatcher/PN are generic sci-fi, with pretty easy (IMO) puzzles. The only reason 90% of people liked it in the 1st place was because it was 'mature'.

Originally posted by EThugg@Aug. 23 2002, 10:30 pm

What exactly is TR 1 a 'rehash' of? It was one of the 1st 3D action adventure games. There was nothing like it really. The worst you can say is it's a 3D version of PoP.

Another World/Flashback, perhaps more relevantly Fade to Black. Anything that ever had problem solving - Alone in the Dark I, II and III also did the 3D, but without dynamic cameras.

TR isn't really that revolutionary, just a graphical extension of an already saturated genre. But let's face it - what genre isn't saturated?

Back