Portable DC??

theres a similar screen for the psone actually

and on the screen question, it really depends on how much time you spend playing games in the car, and if you would play anything besides the cube in the car

hardly worth spending loads of cash on a screen that would get used only a few times (unless you can afford to of course)

if you think you would use it then yes

it really depends on how much time you spend in your car though, and how much of that time you would be playing games (assuming your not going to try to play and drive anyway :)

every month i take a 6 hour car trip to newyork... if i playthrough megaman battle network one last time...

Quote: from Gallstaff on 1:02 pm on Feb. 22, 2002

I know... i didn't say they did. Portible 5 in. car tv's have been out for a while now... what i am asking is should i pay less money to be able to play just my camecube games in the car or pay double the price to be able to play all my systems and watch videos in the car?

um ya you would want the multyiple platform screen but.....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING

Just because their isn't one yet doesn't mean their won't be some day in the future. Till then though, GBA should be plenty to tide people over durring long trips, figuring they have enough good games to keep them occupid that is.

yeah i have gba its good

and there problaby will be some sort of screen for multistuff in the future

but gallstuff was talking about it like its already out

i don't mean to sound rude, but there's quite definitely a multi platform screen. Lik-ssang sells it. I believe it's called fireant or some such nonssensicle name. Haven't looked into it TOO much, though as it's 2-300 bucks

from what I understand, the portable screen for the GC will work for the DC. There's just no way to conveniently mount it on a DC.

(Edited by falstaff at 6:38 pm on Mar. 14, 2002)

yeah but... what the #### man... they have a friggen dreamcast back pack. For the love of god, they could just wack the crap out of them #### zombies with the key board

This is no kind of solution to the portable dc cd player/skipping problem but I'll throw it in the ring anyways. DC games are huge roms right? So no CD is technically necessary for you to play. If someone made a flash card capable of holding that much data then you could play it off a cart. Only trouble is it'd take you about three days to put a different game on it, but it would be possible. If totally impractical.

and it would be the size of a small tv

it would need to hold 1gb of data for dc, i think even n64 carts are 64mb at most (i could be wrong there though)

it would also be far too expensive

It can be done although expensive. Currently i'm working on a portable snes, cuz i really wanna play chrono trigger or ff3 on the go.

Back