Portable Saturn?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Whitesnake

Website
Visit site
i was curious to know if anyone had made scaled down saturn, like the ps one, or if sega did make a release of a smaller one.

Arakon

it's not exactly smaller and not portable either unless you want to call driving it around in your car portable.

M3d10n

Website
Visit site
The Navi GPS Saturn is actually a Hi Saturn (about as big as your everyday Saturn), with a GPS+LCD add-on plugged in, and some other wares around it.

Impressive? Yes, but not compact. Unless you carry it, and a car battery, in a big bag.

One could re-build the Saturn into a smaller set, maybe using diferent, smaller, parts, but that would be insanely hard.

ExCyber

Staff member
I kind of doubt anyone would (Tec Toy, maybe?), but it should be possible to shrink down the Saturn quite a bit with modern manufacturing processes and components; apparently Hitachi wasn't exactly using leading-edge processes for the SuperH series at the time (the SH-3 was supposedly done with a 0.5-micron process). This might already have been done for the Hi-Saturn and/or V-Saturn to some extent, but I haven't seen them so I wouldn't know.

bulleta

You know, that would be a great idea for someone to attempt, I mean, I would DEFINETLY try it, if it wasn't for the problem of me being a rookie at such things (I fix Saturns for the swap meth and 50 60 switch them for people who pay me, but I test everything on my saturn first, and I have a problem, but that post will come later) and me only having £10 to my name, I doubt I could.