Possible to play xbox backups with no mod?

Gallstaff

Established Member
I was just thinking here, since the xbox is essentially a pc couldn't you somehow wire the xbox two the pc and then like get or make (since one's not out yet) a program which sens data over to the xbox telling it not to check for authenticity code? I dunno if you could wire it in such a way but would that be possible?

Or we could all ask Santa for a wishing wand and sumone is bound to get it then they can wish for one for us with their wisher and we could all have an xbox like this. Sound like a plan?!

hehe, ummmm odnt think so and I think it would be harder to do that then just mod it

I'm not being a 'wise-ass'. Listen to the idea you outlined.

You could try to somehow hook up a PC and an Xbox and maybe write a program to run code without authentication.

OR

You could get a mod.

If it were any easier than installing a mod don't you think someone would have done it by now?

Look i'm not saying it would be either practical or easy i'm just saying WHAT IF. Just seeing if that COULD happen just to feed my curiousity.

It could be done, but I think hardware-wise, it's hardcoded in; so unless you change the IC's, you're out of luck (NO amount of software can do it).

But if you are instrested in something practical, you can always get a cheap mod or pre-modded box from stores. Places online where you send your box away is expensive, but getting it done localy should be pretty cheap, expecialy since in the long term you're more likely to buy pirate CDs from them.

Well, if we're talking theoretically, then with enough time, enough money and the right people working on it the answer is almost definately yes.
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov. 19 2002, 5:02 am

Look i'm not saying it would be either practical or easy i'm just saying WHAT IF. Just seeing if that COULD happen just to feed my curiousity.

your highly unlikly to see it being as easy as it was on the dreamcast if thats what your thinking

which is kindof a shame, since it means you have to mod it to try any of the emulators or other apps for it as well

Originally posted by mal@Nov. 19 2002, 12:38 am

Well, if we're talking theoretically, then with enough time, enough money and the right people working on it the answer is almost definately yes.
sarcasm.gif

The answer always will be yes for that
smile.gif

Back