Post a Picture of Yourself

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Nov 16, 2003 @ 06:31 PM

This was me about 3-4 ish years ago.

wow you're hot :D and all this time i would have never figured people were using their actual pics as avs (des row as well).

only one i got atm.

Attachments

• Picture_009.jpg
    Picture_009.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture_009.jpg
    Picture_009.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture_009.jpg
    Picture_009.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 89
I finally got around getting a pic of me!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 94
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 97
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 97
I did this for the first picture thread, but here goes again. Same picture as I haven't changed that much. Just no mustach now and I shaved my head. If you click in the Gallery link, you see pictures of my 10 week old daughter. They are a little big. Sorry about that.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/falstaff/

Let the "hey you look ike my dad" comments begin. Check out the post count.

Now Des-ROW... about that picture of you without the Cosplay on.... :thumbs-up:

Still even WITH the Cosplay: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

HOT!

Attachments

• Des_ROW.jpg
    Des_ROW.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Des_ROW.jpg
    Des_ROW.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Des_ROW.jpg
    Des_ROW.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 121
It is pretty expensive, but it is a nice nice hobby (I always had expensive hobbies).

Still, I do not have a lot of these complex costumes, only about 5 or 6.

Well, it's very cool. So now it's question time.

Who poses with you? Friends of the same hobby?

Do you hire someone to take the pictures or just a friend?

Originally posted by Shitface@Feb 18, 2004 @ 08:08 PM

Well, it's very cool. So now it's question time.

Who poses with you? Friends of the same hobby?

Yes, friends of the same hobby; the boy you always see with blue hair is my friend Sumairu-kun.

Do you hire someone to take the pictures or just a friend?

Sometimes friends, sometimes people who like our cosplay ^.^

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Feb 19, 2004 @ 01:56 AM

Do you like sleep with all that shit on and stuff or do you just wear it on occasion?

Hmm... I do not sleep...

Well, sincerely, I rarely wear costumes, only on certain occasions.

Here's some pics of me. It's funny how everyone follows up their picture with some comment about how this was taken years ago and I was sick when it was taken and I've lost weight since then and blah blah. Its obvious they're just trying to say that if you think my pic is hot, you should see how hella-hot I am in person! Well I'll say just the opposite. I really am pretty ugly in person. From the unibrow to the zits, I'm not hot baby. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Here's what I do for a living. Except that they're renovating and giving us smaller cubes. I'm a engineer, I needn't say anymore. If you must know more, read Dilbert and watch Office Space. It's all true.

ashcube.jpg

Here's what I do when I'm around other engineering nerds who like Anime. Who knows the character?

ashgatts.jpg

Here's what I do when I'm being attacked by fish. Seriuosly though, this isn't photoshop, it was taken at the MN Zoo. My wife actually won the Kodak photo of the day last year with this picture, which meant it got rotated in with other pictures and stuff at Times Square NY for 1 day. Of course there's a new winner every day so it's not thaaat great of an honor but hey.

ashfish.jpg

My wife? Oh, here's a picture of us having sx...

ashsx.jpg

A dart. I was going to throw it at the computer in anger. Or maybe not.

It's not the tiny darts that go with the mini dartboard you see ontop of the computer. It's kind of a medium yet small dart that goes with this small dart board which I have screwed into the wall off camera.

I routinely throw darts while I'm waiting for my computer to reboot because it crashed or the admins are forcing us to install another hotfix to fix the damages caused by the last hotfix, or to vent frustrations because I've found yet another bug in the MSVC runtime or something and know there's no chance it will ever get fixed. Most of the darts don't end up in the board though, they end up in the walls and assorted papers I have pinned to the walls, and in anything else that's lying on my tables.

I have yet to accidentally lob a dart over the cube walls.

Yep! Gatts from Berserk. The sword is 6.5 feet long and is made entirely out of duct tape. The core is a 6 foot bo (martial arts staff weapon). The knob at the end and the hand gaurd are large pieces of foam that were made quite sturdy by wrapping in three layers of duct tape. And the sword is two pieces of cardboard from a bookcase box , also covered in two layers of duct tape.

Another JAC member (Japanese Animation Club http://jac.anime.net/) apparently had someone make him a sword out of sheet metal to be Gatts at a the chicago Con two summers ago. So I guess that one-ups me.

The belt and cloak-pin are cardboard (used up an entire permanent marker coloring it black), and cloak was made by my wife, and the shirt and pants I got at the thrift store so I could cut them up as necessary.

The cloak was reaally heavy and was choking me all day. I really can't figure out how people wear cloaks without it yanking at their throat. But the fabric was pretty heavy.

The next year after that I trimmed some fabric (actually the cloak was hemmed up 1.5 feet in that picture because it was too long) which made it a little lighter, and I made a sword holder. To hold the tip, I used a corner cut from one of those bubble-wrap lined envelopes, covered in duct-tape, and attached to my pants' belt-loop via a 3 foot line duct-tape (I figured duct tape would be far sturdier than string), so that the tip-holdster would hang just below the cloak line, and the tip of the sword would fit into it. To hold the top part steady, I took a clothes hanger and wrapped it around my neck (with some padding in the front), and made a tiny hole in the back of the cloak for the hook-part to stick out. Then I could lock the handle of the sword into the hanger-hook. That worked quite well, except of course I had yet another thing tugging at my throat all day. I don't know what kind of contraption gatts really used. I have seen some pictures where the dangling point-holdster hangs below the cloak, so I know I have that part right. But I don't know what he uses to hold the top in place. I also tried creating some boots. I was hoping to find some large boots at a thrift store to cut up and use, but never did, so I ended up just making big cardboard things to place ontop of my shoes. They looked ok from a distance, but weren't really great, and kinda ripped themselve apart after a while.

I never won a first place at a costume contest with it though. But I did win second twice.

Back