Post Your StepMania/DDR High Scores!

I just got a B on Matsuri Japan Heavy...

Speed modifiers are so pointless. 😛

Oh, that reminds me.

I finally got an A on Santa Morette Ne Ente Heavy without a speed modifier. 🙂

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mar 6, 2004 @ 04:23 PM

speed modifiers rock. I play everything at 1.5-2x speed all the time

If you do any slow songs with those modifiers, you're a cheater. 🙂

Songs like My Summer Love, Santa Morette Ne Ente, and bag (and to a lesser extent, Burning Heat Heavy and So Deep Heavy) are DESIGNED to be impossible to read because they're clustered so tightly...

Anyway, Saturday:

Matsuri Japan Heavy: A

Max300 Standard: A

Maxx Unlimited Standard: B

Kakumei Heavy: B

Max. (period) Any Difficulty: Still Can't Survive

bag Standard: B

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Mar 8, 2004 @ 08:51 PM

I think the difficulty of a song should come in the actual steps, not how well you can read it

Try bag Heavy 4x. It's so frigging easy, certainly not a 10 foot.

Try Santa Morette Ne Ente Heavy 3x... same deal, really easy, nowhere near the 7~8 (can't remember which) they gave it.

"Hard to read" is certainly a factor in difficulty.

How do you think Max. (period) pulls off being a 9 on Light? (for those unaware - Max. (period) is 300bpm for the most part, but ends with ~15-20 seconds of 600bpm - it's nearly impossible to react fast enough to this segment by sight alone)

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Mar 10, 2004 @ 09:22 AM

What Mix is Max. (period) from?

DDRExtreme PS2 JP.

It isn't on any Arcade mixes yet.

Attached is its LIGHT Step chart. The part at the end where the steps mysteriously start double-spacing is the 600bpm part... it's impossible without memorisation or external reference >_>

---- Why can't PNG files be uploaded? Bah. Had to convert.

600 bpm? That's insane. The fastest, hardest hardcore songs I've ever heard are in the neighborhood of 260 bpm. I don't see how it's humanly possible to dance to something that fast (hell, seeing people dance to music in the 240 range looks more like full body gyration than actual dancing).

Well, Max 300 is 300 bpm, and I think Legend of Max gets to 320 bpm.

And that 600 bpm bit in Max. (period) it easily possible --> only due to the double-spacing (or 2 steps every 4 beats). Theoretically, the pace of your feat movements is still the same thoughout the whole song.

Oh, yeah - I say it's easily possible because it's easily possilbe passing Max 300 on 2x speed...just gotta practice 😉

I don't know, I don't play DDR, but I don't think those kind of movements could approximate 'dancing' at that point. Although when you say 600bpm, is it 300 with more drums inserted on eighths/sixteenths, or whatever? Because a kick drum or something being played ten times a second would sound pretty crappy, I have to say. Although I don't know what type of song it is so I'm pretty much making an assumption on the sound. I'll have to check out a sample or something so I can understand what you guys mean when you say 300bpm, because what I'm imagining wouldn't be pretty. 😉

Max 300 (300 bpm) gets your feet moving as fast as 8 steps per second. That's pretty fast...but Legend of Max gets your feet moving faster 😉

Whoopies --> Yeah, what I said about that being easily possible - it still is, but I just remembered that what you posted was the light chart.. I looked up the steps for heavy and there is no double spacing at the 600 bpm bit ! ! AHH, that would be a bitch to pass... without the bar :lol:

Back