Pro Action Replay and Keyboard Adapter problems.

Hi everyone!

Yesterday i finally got my Saturn Keyboard Adapter, i connected it to my saturn immediately, hoping to start coding kb support for my homebrew app right away, but i ran into a pretty serious problem: my PAR cart doesn't cope well with the keyboard adapter.

If i start a homebrew directly from cd, the adapter gets detected and works, also if i start the saturn without PAR and go to the media player screen, kb keys like caps lock, num lock, etc seems to respond well. but if i let the saturn enter the PAR cart screen, the keyboard adapter suddenly stops working, caps lock no longer lights its led... and if i starts my homebrew app through par uploading, the adapter doesn't get detected, or gets detected as unknown device.

I've tried putting the adapter in both ports (in fact placing it in the first port makes the PAR menu go crazy and i'm unable to load any app) and got no result. I've been able to use it with a PAR loaded app only if i insert it when the application is already loaded and working.

So, anyone knows a workaround? a way to "reset" a peripheral connected to a port or anything that might convince the adapter to work without removing it and replugging it every time?

What might help would be flashing the PAR with a custom built Action Replay firmware replacement. I got one laying around here, that I wrote for the USB DataLink device (to support compressed transfers). You could put it on a "Save Game Manager" CD and update the PAR with the replacement firmware.

However, I'm not sure if that one will really work with the keyboard adapter. You could however modify it, if needed.

That would be very helpful!

I've tried flashing my PAR from 2.01 to 2.02 (the one in the SGM CD), but to no avail :-(

I use the cart only for developing, so as long as the firmware supports binary uploading, i'm set!

I noticed another strange behaviour:

If the adapter and the par cart are plugged in a pal saturn, i've got enough time to upload a binary before the keyboard hangs, on a ntsc saturn, it hangs even before the par screen appears!

Back