problem with saturn's laser

when i turn my saturn on, it goes directly to the screen where it ask you what language do u want the menu to be displayed in, and then ask you to set the date/time/ blah blah. Then it goes back to the first saturn screen you find when you turn on your saturn. Except there is no animation of the saturn logo forming or nothing(a sign that it's not reading the disc). Next it would go to the cd control panel where it check the format of the cd. And here it would freeze, sometimes the disc would spin really fast and sometimes it would spin slower with a clicking noise. Any thoughts on what is causing this/how to fix it?

i would be much appreciated, since no shop over here sells a saturn.

First I would clean the laser and see if that helps... Get a cotton Swab and dab it in rubbing alcohol and use tiny low pressure swabs on the laser lens.. and then take the other clean side of the cotton swab with no alcohol on it and swab again to dry the alcohol... Try and see if it helps if not it's more technical post and see.

nope, doesn't help. I think i might have fried something on the motherboard while fixing my country mod switch though. The part that was slighty black was near the power outlet(where you plug your power cord in) in fact its right under where u plug the power outlet in.

ouchies... Maybe a new saturn might be in mind? ebay.com is my best suggestion

Back