Problems running Grandia

Ok, recently I downloaded Grandia for the saturn as an iso. After burning I did the swap trick to make it work on my model 1 USA saturn. It runs the opening credits, and the opening cutscean fine (note: opening cutscean looks like crap compared to PSX one). After that though, the screen goes black and just stays their untill I restart the system. Any ideas why this might be happening? Any known problems with running the game on model 1 saturns?

I burned it at 4x, and when it went to the black screen after a while I tried every button on the controler, but nothing happened. I also tried to restart at that point by holding down the six face buttons and pressing start. That normaly works but it didn't in this case.

That sounds like a bad rip/burn/blank, but I've had similar problems with a couple games that went away after a few tries for some reason...

Yeah loads of my burnt games have done that too, I guess copied games need a stronger laser to run properly. Maybe I should try to align mine...

I downloaded it also from loce cole's...it works for me....

I also downloaded dragon force which doesn't work for me but it worked for ghetto ninja...

Hmmm, did you change the country code or something? I couldn't get DBZ Legends working before even with a cart for playing japanese games, but after I changed the code it worked fine. Think that might be the problem?

I have a "switch" modchip in my system so i just have to turn off the system's power and press teh switch in then the system becomes Japanese...and grandia/all japanese games work fine....

Did u check to make sure you downloaded the full file...soemtimes with lockcole's ftp the full file doesn't get downloaded (missing several bytes)..that could be the problem..?

However, with Euro games even if i change the country code they still don't work...

I need to use my ST-KEY CART to make them work...

(Edited by CrazyTaxi at 7:14 pm on Oct. 27, 2001)

Well, I would think I downloaded the full file. I used winrar to open the zip file, and that normaly tells me if a file was downloaded correctly. I think I will re-download it and find out if I can get it to work then.

Back