Problems with burned cd's

Ok, so i went out and bought a sega cd attachment for my genesis. i tried downloading copies of shining force and lunar. when i put in shining force the cd stops at the sega screen with sonic throwing confetti, with lunar it goes to the start menu but doesnt display the video in between the title and start menu. i then went out and bought a copy of nhl '94 for a dollr to test and make sure it wasnt the sega cd. it does play the original game! so my question is what is wrong with my sega cd? i cant play my burned games!

greg said:
Ok, so i went out and bought a sega cd attachment for my genesis. i tried downloading copies of shining force and lunar. when i put in shining force the cd stops at the sega screen with sonic throwing confetti, with lunar it goes to the start menu but doesnt display the video in between the title and start menu. i then went out and bought a copy of nhl '94 for a dollr to test and make sure it wasnt the sega cd. it does play the original game! so my question is what is wrong with my sega cd? i cant play my burned games!

Lots of things could happen. To better resolve this, we need to know:

What game?

What program did you use to burn?

What settings did you use to burn?

What is the layout of the game (iso, cue/bin, cue/iso/wav, cue/iso/mp3)?

SegaCD games are burned slightly differently than other systems (DAO vs. TAO, if I recall). Also, burning speed matters: the slower, the better.

mtxblau said:
Lots of things could happen. To better resolve this, we need to know:

What game?

What program did you use to burn?

What settings did you use to burn?

What is the layout of the game (iso, cue/bin, cue/iso/wav, cue/iso/mp3)?

SegaCD games are burned slightly differently than other systems (DAO vs. TAO, if I recall). Also, burning speed matters: the slower, the better.

Shining force cd, i used nero and imgburn, as slow as my computer goes (4X)its a cue/iso/mp3. i also heard that sometimes the sega cd wont read burned games depending on the genesis

greg said:
Shining force cd, i used nero and imgburn, as slow as my computer goes (4X)its a cue/iso/mp3. i also heard that sometimes the sega cd wont read burned games depending on the genesis

What version of Nero? Track at once or disc at once? (It should be track at once) Also, did you make sure the region is correct?

Back