PS modchip for saturn

A friend told me that he once asked a technician if he(the technician) can modify my friends sega saturn and then the technician according to my friend, installed a 12C508 chip (the one that is used to modify a PS1) into the sega saturns mobo and it worked my question is this..

is there a tutorial on how to install a 12C508 chip into the sega saturns mobo? is it true? because i haven't seen his modified sega saturn that uses a 12C508 chip

Originally posted by mal@Fri, 2005-09-30 @ 04:36 AM

I find it rather hard to believe.

[post=140088]Quoted post[/post]​

I do too, but my friend insists that he has a 12C508 installed into his sega saturn. I'm searching the web right now about this thing but i don't find anygood info.

One more thing, he also said that it only worked for about a year then it stopped reading burned games, but the sega saturn still reads original saturn cds no problem.

As far as I know, a 12C508 alone isn't fast enough to catch the relevant CD signals, which is why you see PAL/GAL chips on the modboards. I have a hard time believing that there was a way to eliminate an entire chip from the modboard design that the mod manufacturers didn't take advantage of...

Back